River Aire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Has anyone fished the River Aire in Leeds? Where are the best spots and are there any fish in it as I never see anyone fishing.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Stephen,

I've fished it several times around the South Accomadation Road bridge before they did the alterations and there are some decent Chub and Roach in there.
Also the Royal Armouries produces some good catches as does the Kirkstall Abbey length

The water quality is a heck of a lot better than it used to be and the fish seem to be thriving. I wouldn't fish it alone though because likewise so does the kn#bhead element.
Around the South Accomadation Road area up to Leeds Bridge is where most of the wino's hang out [:)]

Ohter areas worth a try are the Thwaites Mill length and the Power Station at Stourton. Stu and I put in quite a few days at the power station a few years back and had some cracking fish

Dave

Last edited:

hull tyke

what is the access like dave can you park close to where you will be fishing
cheers
steve[:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Steve,

Access is pretty limited to most stretches as they haven't been developed as such for fishing. The fishing rights are common ground to the lengths in the town centre and offer free fishing.
Royal Armouries should be the best stretches for ease of access and I will ask the missus when she gets home to make some enquiries as she works for the council (Social services)

Thwaites Mill is day ticket and is easy access from the Mill car park, the Power Station is difficult even for the able bodied [:)]

Dave

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Thanks Dave. Think I will try down by the Abbey.

Status
Not open for further replies.