Rive rsw seatbox

bricky72

Site Supporter
I ordered this new seatbox last year (August)and got it April this year due to COVID etc but I got it and was excited as at price I got it for was no brainier in my eyes ( but that’s my opinion and as we know everyone is different with there’s)
as I’ve had rive seatboxes before I knew they are heavy but stRudy especially when sat in Trent
I picked my package up and was shocked how heavy it was in the box anyway chucked it in to van got it home and started to unpack and was amazed how well packed it was bubble wrap and a wooden platform on bottom to stop clamps etc getting damaged no wonder box was heavy with piece of plywood fastened to it
also it’s not a guru version my is carbon black and it looks the dogs
so attached legs and sat on it thought right height no extra trays etc needed

love the push insert trays as easier to open and shut with a click
wider seat cushion and loads more comfortable than older seats on rive
footplate seems bigger as done away with bar at back of footplate
underseat tray great if on dry land and it’s raining to store worms etc
and waterproof system works as advertised after rain we had and no leaks on drawers or stack system
also as draws are now deeper than old 30/60 mm draws you do sit bit higher which makes it more comfortable

used it at least dozen times so far and can’t find anything wouldn’t swap on it how it’s set out

only downside is the rsw system don’t fit my old stacks so can’t put them underneath to carry them unless convert them
and does seem heavier than my rive st

guess main test will be come June when I Chuck it in to Trent or Staunton Harold see how stable it is

Griffo

Site Supporter
Lovely quality box, and that seat is so good, had a look at one whilst deciding on my next box last week, settled on the Rive st8 2 in black, I do wonder if you could use the slightly oversize seat on the ST after all it’s still mounted on a trim before the clips? Or if you could even get the seat separately? Enjoy, it’s always nice to treat yourself. Anyway must dash got to go fishing on my old chair today as my box doesnt arrive until next week.

scuttster

Site Supporter
Lovely quality box, and that seat is so good, had a look at one whilst deciding on my next box last week, settled on the Rive st8 2 in black, I do wonder if you could use the slightly oversize seat on the ST after all it’s still mounted on a trim before the clips? Or if you could even get the seat separately? Enjoy, it’s always nice to treat yourself. Anyway must dash got to go fishing on my old chair today as my box doesnt arrive until next week.
Yes the cushions as Rive call them can be purchased separately though they aren’t cheap @ £263

Catalogue

And then £24.35 for the plastic base

Catalogue

I can’t see why they can’t be used as the are listed as being part of the F2 range which are the tray types of the ST

PAB

Site Supporter
Wasn't Rive once Shakespeare or something like that where do Guru fit into the frame? it looks pretty i must say not sure how the draws will hold up once they get a bit gritty and worn though, but it is a good idea to have a waterproof box that is going to be used near water surprised no one else has thought of it before.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wasn't Rive once Shakespeare or something like that where do Guru fit into the frame? it looks pretty i must say not sure how the draws will hold up once they get a bit gritty and worn though, but it is a good idea to have a waterproof box that is going to be used near water surprised no one else has thought of it before.
I think you may be confusing Riva/Galaxy with Rive. Rive are French and have no connection to Shakespeare.
Guru boxes are built to their specification by Rive.

bricky72

Site Supporter
6 month update

used my new seat box at least twice a week since got it and thought do a review

as with most of the 36 mill rive seats it isn’t the lightest of seats and this again is true with the rsw but with the weight gain you get a seat that is solid and don’t move even when legs at more or less full height on telescopic leg ( waves from boats on Trent and big waves on Staunton Harold didn’t make her flinch ) Another great point with 36. Mill legs don’t need to lug a platform around with you

cushion lot bigger than old rive cushions as it overhangs the main trays/ draws and also lot more comfortable as the old seats were hard as rock and no give in them so no hard bums or bad backs

push click draws
everyone who had old style rive knows the draws were nightmare at times
but as these are a totally separate unit not attached to underside seat as on previous seats and new mechanism with push and click they slide in out effortlessly also you can pull draw to limit so no space lost with draws

waterproof system again no issues with it leaking ( time will tell over the years if if leaks )

clips on seat have changed to sliding ones which are easier to open shut than old ones

footplate

to me this is on on big changes and makes footplate seem bigger as done away with bar that runs across where the footplate clips where attached so more foot space

tray under seat that stack sits on if using rsw system trays which I don’t as not altering or buying new stack

I use tray for storing spare bait ( worms etc ) only when on dry land though as it’s got solid back plate so no rain get in there and bit seat over top ideal to store stuff out of way but still handy to get while sat on box

keep meaning to take pic of it but it’s always in water so don’t get full effect of it

also think all black box makes it look smart

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
6 month update

used my new seat box at least twice a week since got it and thought do a review

as with most of the 36 mill rive seats it isn’t the lightest of seats and this again is true with the rsw but with the weight gain you get a seat that is solid and don’t move even when legs at more or less full height on telescopic leg ( waves from boats on Trent and big waves on Staunton Harold didn’t make her flinch ) Another great point with 36. Mill legs don’t need to lug a platform around with you

cushion lot bigger than old rive cushions as it overhangs the main trays/ draws and also lot more comfortable as the old seats were hard as rock and no give in them so no hard bums or bad backs

push click draws
everyone who had old style rive knows the draws were nightmare at times
but as these are a totally separate unit not attached to underside seat as on previous seats and new mechanism with push and click they slide in out effortlessly also you can pull draw to limit so no space lost with draws

waterproof system again no issues with it leaking ( time will tell over the years if if leaks )

clips on seat have changed to sliding ones which are easier to open shut than old ones

footplate

to me this is on on big changes and makes footplate seem bigger as done away with bar that runs across where the footplate clips where attached so more foot space

tray under seat that stack sits on if using rsw system trays which I don’t as not altering or buying new stack

I use tray for storing spare bait ( worms etc ) only when on dry land though as it’s got solid back plate so no rain get in there and bit seat over top ideal to store stuff out of way but still handy to get while sat on box

keep meaning to take pic of it but it’s always in water so don’t get full effect of it

also think all black box makes it look smart
Great review 👏 ,cheers , how are the leg clips/ brackets holding up ,i ask because they used to break ive been told.

bricky72

Site Supporter
Great review 👏 ,cheers , how are the leg clips/ brackets holding up ,i ask because they used to break ive been told.
Never had one break on old box odd time it slipped but that turns out as I always chucked it river the grit got in rubbers etc

with this one the brackets are a different model revamped according to amer ( rive man in uk ) and also he suggested as it’s in water a lot I ought to take legs off brackets of rinse though and lubricant them

if just using on commies etc will not require maintenance so regularly

once my river season done it going to be took to bits and given good clean as I just pulled it out Chuck it in van then garage lol

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Never had one break on old box odd time it slipped but that turns out as I always chucked it river the grit got in rubbers etc

with this one the brackets are a different model revamped according to amer ( rive man in uk ) and also he suggested as it’s in water a lot I ought to take legs off brackets of rinse though and lubricant them

if just using on commies etc will not require maintenance so regularly

once my river season done it going to be took to bits and given good clean as I just pulled it out Chuck it in van then garage lol
Cheers for that 👍.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Evening Michael,

I hope you are keeping well.

Any tips for the match at Sheldons a week tomorrow ?

PS PM me don't let them all know. :D:D