Rive pole rollers

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Correct in that it creates a lop sided V. Remember I don't use a top end pole nor fish at 16 metres in a high wind. I have never had a pole section break either. Can't see the objection if it makes the roller more stable and thus protective of the expensive carbon.

It makes the roller too low for me and I would prefer a level, secured roller, V types are well know for blowing over, but I have never had a decent flat roller blow over.

baggy

Mark Saunders
I
It makes the roller too low for me and I would prefer a level, secured roller, V types are well know for blowing over, but I have never had a decent flat roller blow over.
Chris, I used to use a v roller many years ago and I binned it after it blew over twice smashing my pole

JLK

The old Preston pro red v rollers were really solid things. The legs on those weighed a ton but would still topple if used in the tripod position.
If you laid the legs flat though and extended the v roller pole and used on a flat bank they were quite good to use in the wind.
Still prefer the 4 legged conventional rollers though 😀

Toby-the-Tyke

Have a problem with my rive rollers the central divider seems to have come loose and won’t stay in the upright position I have two and the other one is fine wondering if anyone else has had this problem many thanks
Yes i have that problem on both of mine. The 4 screws won't tighten it up. Did you sort this out?