Rising Sun Fishery, Alne, North Yorkshire

Alantherose

Nice day with my son (aged 8) today at Rising Sun.

Got him set up on margin pole fishing single red maggot, while I lobbed out a method feeder to the submerged island. Half an hour in and he had landed a 4lb mirror and a couple of nice Ide and I had...nowt! Haha! He let me have a go while he went for a wee, and low and behold, a 6lb mirror. Nice. After lunch I switched to pole, and fed maggots on the bottom in a weird little recess on my 13.5m line (about an inch deeper in an area the size of a large dinner plate). Resulted in seven small tench, a few skimmers, a crucian, a perch and some Ide!

We had seven species between us today, and while there were no behemoths, the fishing was good. Recommend trying Rising Sun- we've always caught here and Big Al is a good bloke.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all!

Simon R

Site Supporter
Fished it a fair bit over the last three or four years but never at this time of year.
Nice to know it's still possible to get a few - has he restocked yet - last time I was speaking to him he mentioned both the back lakes were getting some fish - more chub in one of them.

Simon

62tucker

Site Supporter
Got my PB carp at the time from there about 6/7 years ago. 21 lb . Done 2 nights with my son on a weeks holiday then went down to Skegness.
Been back once and caught nowt.
What happened to all the big bream that was in there ?

Alantherose

Got my PB carp at the time from there about 6/7 years ago. 21 lb . Done 2 nights with my son on a weeks holiday then went down to Skegness.
Been back once and caught nowt.
What happened to all the big bream that was in there ?
Were you fishing the big lake? We've only fished the two smaller ponds so no idea about the Bream.