Rip Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

floats-direct

On Thursday of last week we took delivery from a new tackle agent of some sample keepnets all with the British Standards Kite Mark.

The Kite mark was not in this case asked for as they were to be sent to one of our Continental customers for approval.

As the consignment was from an Eastern block country it seemed strange that they had a British Standard on them and we looked a bit closer

The B.S labels were the real thing but the B.S number on them was for Double Glazed Sealed Units?

They are now with our local Impots Authority who are having a dig around to see the extent of this matter.

It is bad enough to have to replace your keepnet but if you do have to make sure it is not from a Double Glazing Salesman

carper2002

'Ronnie'
i think its time for us all to take some sort of action as one we are a very big voice / we could all wright to our MP's or via our clubs because someone some wear are trying to have our eye's out
(what do you all think)
thanks
Ronnie

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
The plot thickens

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
......It could have been worse it could have been a Kite mark foranimal rights society......

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

ray

hiya roger, question for ya....do you know who the governing body are responsible for the decision to replace the keepnets, is it the e.a??

if so, it might be worthwhile us all sending them an e-mail informing them of this situation and asking who will monitor the import of them.

clean banks campaign wishes all anglers and there familys a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

MALC

Carper2002,

Nice in theory.
But as we all know Anglers are very unlikely to unite as 1 (not in my lifetime anyway) it's a case of 1 branch of the sport thinks they are the mighty power and voice and all they end up doing is splitting into smaller fragments and then fighting with every other faction.

We have Specimen groups for just about every fish then they split into different groups and fight against each other.

Then you get the NFA who are supposed to be the governing body for Anglers as a whole, but they are so out of touch with their members that clubs and individuals are leaving enmass.

Then you have various Sea Fishing, Fly Fishing, Salmon Fishing groups.

Just in coarse fishing we have so many divided factions in fighting with each other, and to some degree if we are all honest we have all been guilty of some of the following :

Pleasure angler moans about the amout of matches on his local pool.!!
Match angler moans about pleasure anglers fishing his local pool.!!
Carp angler moans about match angler fishing his local pool.!!
Pleasure angler says matchmen keep to many fish in keepnet and feeds to much.!!
Match angler moans about carp angler fishing to many rods and feeding to many boilies..!!
The list is endless.

Dont get me wrong i would love to see every group join into 1 force/voice but i just dont believe it will happen or if it does it will be to late.

Ray,

It's not a governing body as such that are the main runners in brining in the Kite Mark for the Landing Nets it's The Premier Fisheries Association fronted by Roy Marlow owner of The Glebe and Mallory Park in association with Keenets (who make them).

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.