Rip-Off Fisheries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've just noticed on another thread that Woodlands is now charging 7 a peg for matches[:0][:0]

Personally I don't fish Woodlands anymore cos Robin's getting too greedy, we used to have club matches on there until they stopped people from fishing on after the match (unless they bought another ticket)

Our club matches are always 6-hour contests on the commercial waters (make sure we get our moneys worth[;)]) - not at Woodlands they aren't - 5 hours maximum.

Robin always said that "pleasure anglers come first" - not anymore they don't.

He's discovered (like many other commercial fisheries) that he can charge matchmen what they hell he likes and once they get out the way (at 3pm or thereabouts) he can sell the same peg again to a pleasure angler out for an evening session.

Out of a 13 lake complex, there's only five lakes that are never match fished. Almost every weekend in the summer all eight match lakes are out of bounds and everybody else ends up fishing shoulder to shoulder on the other five. (Thats if you can even find a free peg)

I wonder if they'll be an upper limit as to what people are prepared to pay to fish carp puddles?

Any thoughts or opinions from anyone else?

Tight Lines

Simon

martin.

Account Locked
well i can fish from june 16th till march 14th inc for 6 a year that gives me the chioce of fishing any peg i want from 16miles of bank, in the last 12months theres been 100lb + nets of bream, 20lb + nets of roach, eels to 4lb, perch to 3lb, bream to 10lb+, pike to 30lb+, & i have had a net of 19 tench for 69-02.
I would not even think about paying more than 5 for a day pleasure fishing Or 3 peg fee in a match unless it was for charity.
If people want to pay exessive amounts then it is up to them, there chioce & no one forces them to so they shouldnt moan if they moan about it then they shouldnt fish it just find somewhere cheaper.
well thats my opinion anyway

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

angler-mark

If you find a fishery that's too expensive or trying to rip you off, then just don't give them your money and fish elsewhere, when their takings start going down they soon reduce prices.

Tight Lines

Mark

Last edited:

Lid

Martin

What club is that then please and which river as I reckon you ain't far from me?

norm

simon woodlands is also 5 for a breakfast and 1.40 i believe for a cup of tea

thats what someone fishing at a match told me last week,
he also said at least 5 clubs from the leads area that block book it would be canceling all there booked matches if it goes up to 7.00
simon stick with Rennie's at 4.00 that is not bad at all

martin.

Account Locked
hi lid
tydd gote ac juniors 3, senior citizen/disabled 6, adults 12 fromjune 16th till march 14th inc . Day tickets 3 everyone, match bookings 2 per peg min 10 pegs must be booked.
there is about * miles of the north level drain systeminc the full 6miles of the main drain , on all the water we have we have rights to both banks completley.
It isabout 4miles from wisbech.
if you look through some of my previous postings there are quite a few on the north level
im the head bailiff on there, so if you or anyone want any info just let us know

tight lines.
martin.

carper2002

'Ronnie'
ile bet rennee puts he's up to a fiver theres not many in the area
lol
ronnie

RONNIE (carper2002)

les middy

'Navigator'
hi all

any thing more than 3.50 per day then they can stick it where the sun don't shine.[V]

i go else where,
the best day ticket is 2.50 a day [:)]

but i belong to a club which is 20.00 a year for a streach of the trent plus a pond on my door step which is full of fish and i fish every night in the summer now thats value for money. [:D] [:p]

les

I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
You don't know you're born you lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:(!]

Down here in the south east 7-50 to 10 for one rod is nothing out of the ordinary at the better commercials.
Want a 24 hour session on one of the better carp waters??? (2 rods)that will be 20 minimum thanks gents.[;)]
Most clubs (if you can even get on their waiting lists) have a joining fee of 50 and a 50 annual membership charge.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
First of all the reason venues charge what they do is because you the angler pays it simple as that if you talked with your feet and you the matchmen stuck together prices would not be so high having said that i totally disagree with the comments of calling Woodlands a Carp puddle, in my opinion Woodlands is one of the finest and most picturesque fishery's in the country and as many many different spieces stocked.
It is in my opinion worth every penny of the 7 just look at the price of a pint and a pack of fags then theres the football matches when you look at 7 in that light it's a real bagain.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Chopper

quote:It is in my opinion worth every penny of the 7 just look at the price of a pint and a pack of fags then theres the football matches when you look at 7 in that light it's a real bagain.

Not if you go this time of year and only get two bites!!

At the end of the day though it is a business for the owners and if it is an excellent venue that's well looked after and properly stocked so you have plenty of options all year round ie, heavily stocked with carp for summer bagging but at the same time a large head of silver fish so you can still get plenty of bites in Winter then fair enough.

I think it's Hallcroft where the you have to use two nets (carp/silver fish) and the staff weigh you in quickly and efficiently, places like these cost a fortune to first buy the land, build the complex, heavy stocking policys, on going maintenance ie large airiaters etc etc then you are paying for a service, not just a days fishing.

You guys that are talking about 20 for an annual club book, that's totally different, renting a stretch of canal or river or buying the fishing rights to a lake is nothing like building a fishery from scratch and constantly forking out for the upkeep, stocking and maintenance.

Personally I'm not a massive carp puddle fan, I would rather be on a natural venue catching natural fish but I do occasionally like a change and don't mind paying the day ticket money for a bit of fun in a man made pond doing a bit of 'Mickey Mouse' fishing as some people call it up here [:D]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Chopper

Did somebody mention 5 for a brekkie?

Now that is scandalous!!!!!!![V]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

angler-mark

quote:Originally posted by peter

You don't know you're born you lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:(!]
Peter.

Peter, Pad Angling club membership is 10-00p a year and for that you get a prime stretch of the Trent and about a dozen swap tickets with other very good clubs included. We also have tickets to Mallory Park and other good venues. As well as that we fish our own matches, which last year was 28 matches, all for the modest sum of 30-00p on top of the membership money. It works out at 72 pence a match [^].
I don't think I will be moving down south just now [;)][;)][;)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I for one will never fish a "premier" fisheries place, they trully are in it for the money.

Look at what happened at a fishery not a million miles from me, SVC all over it & they still wouldn't close, there's net dips in place is one of the things said yeah but people only dip their nets going IN not coming out.

You also have to use baits purchased from their on-site shops at massivley inflated prices.

Oh & don't forget the new "kite mark" on nets is down to the same group, you won't be able to fish their waters if your net hasn't got the kite mark on it.

Trouble is the way they are banging on about it a lot of anglers are going to get confused & think its being made a legal requirement to have a net with the kite mark, sorry but the only people who can make it a legal requierment are the EA etc NOT some fella who wants to make a few extra quid.

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

mike s

Trogg, I'm with you 100% on that. As a tackle retailer I don't want to be selling products that can't be used, yet the information on these so-called "Lily Mark" nets is clear as mud.
OK so there are five manufacturers who've signed up, but where are the nets? If it keeps going like this then before long the "Sponsored" commercials will be demanding that you only use poles, rods etc. made by the sponsor.
Bloody silly[:(!][:(!]

Cumbria Angling Centre

Moster

Last time i visited Woodlands the gates opened at around 6.45a.m big rally down the twisting track. Jumped out of the car trying to avoid the idoits doing 40mph past you only to find that most of the swims have been filled by Germans! well not realy but towels, keepnets basically anything at all to mark a peg all this before 7.00. I thought fishing was supposed to be relaxing and friendly. Must be mistaken at Woodlands.

Mind you went to fish Decoy and got told by a couple of OAPs not to go near them because it would upset there swim but everyone had to pass them to get to the other pegs!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's an update on the Net thingy on the news page 'Maggot Times' [:)]

Dave

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
quote:in my opinion Woodlands is one of the finest and most picturesque fishery's in the country and as many many different spieces stocked.
Is that also the same Woodlands that is running wild with Rats?

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***[img]http://www.aaa-clipart.com/data/anim2/dogs/an14.gif

jonesr

[V]You don't know how well off some of you are! My local club in the South-East Barking.Costs me 55 per year. + match fees! Etc.Most waters that are match fished charge between 5-10 per day.Any water that is free down here is not worth the cost of the bait.(
But now I am smiling. [:D][:D][:D] I'm now moving to Peterborough,in Feb.
Hopefully I will find it a bit cheaper up there! I'm also hoping to knock the rust off my river fishing.Once we have settled down a bit,then I will be looking for Info. regards to the local area.[?]

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
hi jonesr
when you get up this way give us a call youll have a decent free stretch of the nene in p/boro town centre its the stretch where they have tackle fest.
but there is hell of a lot more good fishing all over the area.

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.