RIP Football VAR has killed you.

H T B

Site Supporter
If that had been an attacker that handballed, and he went on to score the goal would have been disallowed.
Why shouldn't it be a penalty if a defender handballs it?

Crazy I know, but at least it has evened out a little bit, as last season, you had a different handball rule for defenders and attackers.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
On the other hand yesterday a potential penalty was not given once VAR was looked at - Man U vs Brighton

It looked like one of the Brighton players was bought down near the penalty area but when checked by VAR it turned out to be the Brighton player that was at fault.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
On the other hand yesterday a potential penalty was not given once VAR was looked at - Man U vs Brighton

It looked like one of the Brighton players was bought down near the penalty area but when checked by VAR it turned out to be the Brighton player that was at fault.

But the Final whistle had gone in the Man U game but restarted to let em win.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Bet you threw you dummy out of the pram many a time watching us Reds Dave
Hate is a terrible word my friend

Yep i know and if yer Talking of Dummy Chucking we have an answer to why Footy corner aint as active with Man U fans Innit ;) I hate the Fact that the Media suck up to em as the only United. Good job most of their Fans aint Tossa's ;)

Arch

Site Supporter
Why is it that Football cannot get it's reply system in order ?? Tennis, Cricket and Rugby seem to have it sorted, but Football still has problems with theirs ??

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Because the people that run football want to show that it is useless in the game and cannot be used. They will look for any reason not to use technology.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If football managed to get it's replay system in order it will show a lot of the players and game as the farce it has turned out to be

Tenacious Sloth

Site Supporter
As a lifelong follower of Swindon Town I’m used to disappointment and abject misery when watching football, so a debatable penalty wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

VAR works well in Rugby and has probably made Cricket an even better sport to watch.

The difference with applying VAR to football is that you’re dealing with spoilt children who cannot accept any decision given against them. I think that’s why they are attempting to simplify the handball rule to reduce the number of grey areas.

I would make it even more black and white - if the ball hits the defender’s hand in the area for any reason then it’s a penalty, no excuses. The same ruling is applied to forwards to disallow goals.

I find it amazing that most footballers can bear to watch their games on TV as I would find it very embarrassing to watch myself constantly trying to out-cheat the opposition.

They should all just man up, grow up and get on with what they’re being paid too much to do. :implode:

Rant over. Please carry on.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
To me the "handball in the box" decision is simple. Would it be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch? Yes = penalty, no = no penalty.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
The problem with professional football now it is trying too hard to be show business. I also think it is doing it's best to attract an American audience , and the yanks love their action replays and silly rules !

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
As a lifelong follower of Swindon Town I’m used to disappointment and abject misery when watching football, so a debatable penalty wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

VAR works well in Rugby and has probably made Cricket an even better sport to watch.

The difference with applying VAR to football is that you’re dealing with spoilt children who cannot accept any decision given against them. I think that’s why they are attempting to simplify the handball rule to reduce the number of grey areas.

I would make it even more black and white - if the ball hits the defender’s hand in the area for any reason then it’s a penalty, no excuses. The same ruling is applied to forwards to disallow goals.

I find it amazing that most footballers can bear to watch their games on TV as I would find it very embarrassing to watch myself constantly trying to out-cheat the opposition.

They should all just man up, grow up and get on with what they’re being paid too much to do. :implode:

Rant over. Please carry on.
Last time I was at your ground was Leeds last match of the season, we beat ya 5-0 and you were relegated. Gotta admit although we went on the train it was the craziest journey but your fans were Brilliant with us 👍👍

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
But the Final whistle had gone in the Man U game but restarted to let em win.
Fergie time 🤣
These hand balls are crazy. The players will start lifting the ball to the defenders hands next