Ringer Baits Win Angling Trust Feeder National!

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Last time I fished Trent, downstream end peg Burton Joyce arrived to find club match already fishing starting next peg downstream of mine.

B1BEA96F-682B-42CF-8ACD-0A70094A2EC9.jpeg
F section looked hard 🤣

alsur

Site Supporter
I can't remember where sections were I was in B which was downstream of outfall at Burton Joyce last section was above Collingham Weir

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter

alsur

Site Supporter

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Last time I fished Trent, downstream end peg Burton Joyce arrived to find club match already fishing starting next peg downstream of mine.

B1BEA96F-682B-42CF-8ACD-0A70094A2EC9.jpeg
1992 - and another Notts Fed win on the Trent ... 4 times in 12 years!!
we fished div 3 in 1989 and Div 2 in 94 ... the latter on the second saturday in october (same as your printout)
Of course the division one anglers were on the whole better ... so weights would be higher ... but 18 yard pegging in those days.

Yes - M section was Holme Marsh weirfield. You are correct, Cromwell weir is the proper name. I never did see the famous buoys strung across the river there. I think the closest I ever drew was around 65 on a worksop open.

alsur

Site Supporter
1992 - and another Notts Fed win on the Trent ... 4 times in 12 years!!
we fished div 3 in 1989 and Div 2 in 94 ... the latter on the second saturday in october (same as your printout)
Of course the division one anglers were on the whole better ... so weights would be higher ... but 18 yard pegging in those days.

Yes - M section was Holme Marsh weirfield. You are correct, Cromwell weir is the proper name. I never did see the famous buoys strung across the river there. I think the closest I ever drew was around 65 on a worksop open.
We should have won a medal as we had end peg not much of an advantage in my case, it was one of last few nationals I fished and a few of our better anglers had left team by then saying that we had a couple of good stand ins.

jononcb

Blast from the past that Notts Fed national winning points photo.

A Sec was above Stoke Weir, Ferry field.
B Sec was Road Stretch, Nelson field.
C Sec was Rack, Gunthorpe.
D Sec was Shelford Weir down.
E Sec was Shelford Shallows.
F Sec was Shelford Hamms Bridge.
G Sec was Caythorpe.
H Sec was Hoveringham.
J Sec was Fiskerton (Barnsley)
K Sec was Tubular Bridge, Crankley, Winthorpe rack.
L Sec was Holme Marsh around Winthorpe Lake.
M Sec was Holme Marsh Weir field.

Unthinkable now having 3 sections with anglers opposite 🙈
That Trentmen team were a different class on the River though.
Steve Wolstenholme was blanking most of match at Shelford but eventually had 1 bite on stick float and 1 Chub worth 38 pts.
Chesterfield got bronze medals and had a blank at Shelford too.

I fished the Feeder National last Saturday and drew peg 1 at Sheldons, East Stoke.
Good float peg apparently 😆 but not what you want to hear on a feeder only event!
Had a reasonable day though plopping a maggot Feeder down the middle catching chunky Perch, odd Dace, 1 small barbel plus a Pound plus Eel late on for 3 kilo 100 (6-12).
This was actually 4th best out of 17 in Sheldons field - team job done ✅
East Stoke car park fished slightly better so I ended up 12th / 33 anglers.

Attachments

• 20220806_161308.jpg
    20220806_161308.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220807-102727_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220807-102727_Gallery.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 22

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Blast from the past that Notts Fed national winning points photo.

A Sec was above Stoke Weir, Ferry field.
B Sec was Road Stretch, Nelson field.
C Sec was Rack, Gunthorpe.
D Sec was Shelford Weir down.
E Sec was Shelford Shallows.
F Sec was Shelford Hamms Bridge.
G Sec was Caythorpe.
H Sec was Hoveringham.
J Sec was Fiskerton (Barnsley)
K Sec was Tubular Bridge, Crankley, Winthorpe rack.
L Sec was Holme Marsh around Winthorpe Lake.
M Sec was Holme Marsh Weir field.

Unthinkable now having 3 sections with anglers opposite 🙈
That Trentmen team were a different class on the River though.
Steve Wolstenholme was blanking most of match at Shelford but eventually had 1 bite on stick float and 1 Chub worth 38 pts.
Chesterfield got bronze medals and had a blank at Shelford too.

I fished the Feeder National last Saturday and drew peg 1 at Sheldons, East Stoke.
Good float peg apparently 😆 but not what you want to hear on a feeder only event!
Had a reasonable day though plopping a maggot Feeder down the middle catching chunky Perch, odd Dace, 1 small barbel plus a Pound plus Eel late on for 3 kilo 100 (6-12).
This was actually 4th best out of 17 in Sheldons field - team job done ✅
East Stoke car park fished slightly better so I ended up 12th / 33 anglers.
Don’t go giving the AT more ideas about pegging Jono 😂

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
we fish double banked at Belmont on the Wye - which is much narrower ... but there are usually more fish to go at!

i'm pretty sure that the individual national that I fished on the Trent a few years ago was double banked, but pegs offset.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
we fish double banked at Belmont on the Wye - which is much narrower ... but there are usually more fish to go at!

i'm pretty sure that the individual national that I fished on the Trent a few years ago was double banked, but pegs offset.
Yes I was on shelford in that match with the road stretch in too. 2019 I think.

alsur

Site Supporter
Not great when you turn up to what you think is an end peg and find a club match already in progress starting on peg below yours, I had 6oz for 33 pts. Not as hard as my first national div 4 on Ancholme 81pts for 7.5oz.

The Runner

if you look, E was even worse!

both sections on Shelford bank ... all the way down through the mangold field and beyond to gunthorpe bridge.
For history buffs ... here's a link to all the info that was used back in those days.

Most of A, B and C were double banked with D, E and F.
E section at Shelford could be rotten ….came third in section of I think 75 there in the late 80s with a kilo 110. Had a hoolie blowing straight in my face with foot high waves, mate was drawn opposite in the Nelson Field and watched him sitting in his shirtsleeves catching gudgeon all day on the stick in flat calm water. I somehow had a 4oz roach first put in on a big waggler, added a chub about a pound and a couple of smaller ones on bomb down the side and three or four gudgeon on maggot feeder down the middle.
M section at Holme Marsh could be grim back then unless you drew in the weir field. One of my team mates got around 30 points for 30 grams there once, which was made up of about twenty microscopic things in the edge on burst pinkie. He had a bush either side of him and couldn’t be seen catching them from the pegs either side so he had the presence of mind to call a steward over to witness that he was actually catching with a hook rather than in his net….
Happy days.