rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigyb

Before i bought my new fishing box 2 weeks ago i would always tie any rigs i needed for that match or for that pleasure sesion. Now i have so much storage for rigs that i want to start filling up this space.I always use the same floats for each style of fishing i.e shallow,paste,pellet or worm floats.But im worried that by makeing up so many rigs that i might confuse things. (doesnt take much lol)
How can i keep it simple?

jeffc

divide you winder space into different categories, river, canal, commercial, etc and then spend a small fortune and hours of time making up the rigs. Follow on by using the same 3 or 4 every week and admiring how good the rest look.

spankysufc

S*U*F*C
also get some stickers for the side of the winders to put things like b/s of line and hook size etc

midge99

I have sace in my box for 16 fox trays, they are all split down for venues and methods, 1 tray is full of paste rigs another for shallow, club waters the canal and so on. I still have space with seven draws.

Hatchye

Midge, you must be extremely short to need a booster box that big!![:D]

jonnylew

Originally posted by jeffc

divide you winder space into different categories, river, canal, commercial, etc and then spend a small fortune and hours of time making up the rigs. Follow on by using the same 3 or 4 every week and admiring how good the rest look.

Jeff,

You been looking in my seat box???
[:I][:D][;)]

Windy7

Like a few of the replies on here, the chances are you end up using the same few rigs time and time again!!!! I have hundreds of pole floats still yet to be made up, but still end up sticking to the same few trays worth!!!!!! my excuse is always down to time!!!

craigyb

Do any of you throw rigs away after fishing or would you just put them back in your box and use again.I usualy throw away depending how many fish i caught on it.

midge99

Originally posted by Hatchye

Midge, you must be extremely short to need a booster box that big!![:D]

I am only 5' 4''. I had to buy a bivvy table to store other bits on as I couldn't reach the stuff on the floor.

strat2

i have just over 150 rigs that stay in my box at all times and i never am confused as i stick a slither of masking tape on the side and write:

0.12, PR32-16, 7" some thing like that. it equates as 0.12 line a size 16 pr 32 hook, and the rig is 7 foot deep

i order all of my rigs on differnt coloured winders so i no what sort of lines and type for the venue.

eg green multi purpose from 0.12 to 0.19 for carp, large skimmers. etc these rigs are used for fishing venues for every day type places.

eg yellow winders are for canals using a range from 0.10 to 0.08 main line with 0.08,0.07,0.06 hook links using b511 hooks and drennan blood worm hooks,

eg Red winders are the beast rigs.. all of these rigs are made for fishing margins, snags, or fishing for very big fish with 0.20 and 0.19. these rig are use all to commonly from my box in the summer.

all of those winders are on 18cm winders.

But... all of my paste floats are all on the 20cm winders.

all paste floats maver paste are 1g and 0.5g with maver eagles hooks with 0.19 straight through.

i have a collection of some smaller 4x12 and 4x10 paste floats by maver that are used on the little F1 pool near me using 0.14 staight through to a PR 23 size 12 hook.

i hope these have helped using this sort of style of preperation

craigyb

Cheers for all of your replies, think i will make up 15 of each i.e shallow, paste,pellet and worm and see how i get on, dont want to make hundreds and not use them.

Zebedee

1 tip i would recomend..

always make at least 2 of every rig you use..

saves a lot of time if you get bust off,if you have an identical rig to replace it

Enigma

Armchair Carper
And I thought us carp anglers took far too much gear....

Originally posted by strat2

i have just over 150 rigs that stay in my box at all times and i never am confused as i stick a slither of masking tape on the side and write:

0.12, PR32-16, 7" some thing like that. it equates as 0.12 line a size 16 pr 32 hook, and the rig is 7 foot deep

i order all of my rigs on differnt coloured winders so i no what sort of lines and type for the venue.

eg green multi purpose from 0.12 to 0.19 for carp, large skimmers. etc these rigs are used for fishing venues for every day type places.

eg yellow winders are for canals using a range from 0.10 to 0.08 main line with 0.08,0.07,0.06 hook links using b511 hooks and drennan blood worm hooks,

eg Red winders are the beast rigs.. all of these rigs are made for fishing margins, snags, or fishing for very big fish with 0.20 and 0.19. these rig are use all to commonly from my box in the summer.

all paste floats maver paste are 1g and 0.5g with maver eagles hooks with 0.19 straight through.

i have a collection of some smaller 4x12 and 4x10 paste floats by maver that are used on the little F1 pool near me using 0.14 staight through to a PR 23 size 12 hook.

Jessebobs

Steve!
Strat, how often do you use your rigs before you re-make them? And do you put a date on them? I have loads of rigs made up but the only organization I have is that if the rig's got Stotz on it's less than a year old!
I now find it easier to make up rigs (2 copies of each) the day before I fish.

Hatchye

Originally posted by strat2

Obsolutely cracking idea in theory, but it only works for the next session with me, as I cannot be arsed to put them back on their original winders!

Status
Not open for further replies.