Rig storage

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Once COVID is out of the way, I might organise an MD”fun match “ and get together at Tunnel, can probably book High Pool , 50 peg capacity, run it a bit like the old “Keefymania”, , I might even try and get shallowman out of retirement 👍If we can do it summer/autumn it’s guaranteed to be a fish bonanza ,rather than the usual chucking it down with rain and sitting biteless 🤷‍♂️
Defo be up for that mate.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Its no good sitting there like a load of dummies ? You have to have some banter and a laugh that's what MD get togethers are all about
Someone mention Banter? Sounds like I best make the trek, might even be a Nugget or two to be had. 😂 🤣

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Once COVID is out of the way, I might organise an MD”fun match “ and get together at Tunnel, can probably book High Pool , 50 peg capacity, run it a bit like the old “Keefymania”, , I might even try and get shallowman out of retirement 👍If we can do it summer/autumn it’s guaranteed to be a fish bonanza ,rather than the usual chucking it down with rain and sitting biteless 🤷‍♂️
Book it for the day after my coaching sesh Gaz 👍👍👍👍

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
bit of a trek for me Gaz down here in Sunny Kent but i'd defo be up for this. £29 at Warwick Prem Inn if booking early enough. (y)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
bit of a trek for me Gaz down here in Sunny Kent but i'd defo be up for this. £29 at Warwick Prem Inn if booking early enough. (y)
Mate as soon as we know what is going to be happening I can hopefully organise a get together and knock up👍

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
My ocd getting worse with this pole lark.
Everytime i walk into garage my s25 says you know you want a new z36.
Anyway back on track
You’ll need a Z36 , as the extra dia legs will support the weight of all those rigs your tying.

rudd

Site Supporter
For the average pleasure/club angler, the point is, there isn’t really any need to keep rigs that long without using them ! If you have rigs that are over a season old , then they’re not the right rigs for you, were a waste of time making, and might as well be stripped down
Club angler - Sorry dont agree, when match fishing I had rigs for certain venues / lake/ peg.
May not draw that peg all year- but prepared.
Even had rigs for other clubs waters I fished once a year on the away visit.

Pleasure anglers - I can see your point although again, once a year holidays or trips to once or twice a year venues may need rigs used only at a certain venue.

Trouble is alot of anglers want to see their nice neat collection of uniform rigs when opening a box/tray - but use the same ones over and over! 😉 We have all been there at some point.

Do like your shotting tips!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Club angler - Sorry dont agree, when match fishing I had rigs for certain venues / lake/ peg.
May not draw that peg all year- but prepared.
Even had rigs for other clubs waters I fished once a year on the away visit.

Pleasure anglers - I can see your point although again, once a year holidays or trips to once or twice a year venues may need rigs used only at a certain venue.

Trouble is alot of anglers want to see their nice neat collection of uniform rigs when opening a box/tray - but use the same ones over and over! 😉 We have all been there at some point.

Do like your shotting tips!
Yes I agree with you , but then the rigs would be used , my point was rigs that never get used.and the point I was trying to make was what you’ve said exactly , trays and trays of rigs for the sake of being able to look at them all lined up like nice neat soldiers 😂😂😂

rudd

Site Supporter
Yes I agree with you , but then the rigs would be used , my point was rigs that never get used.and the point I was trying to make was what you’ve said exactly , trays and trays of rigs for the sake of being able to look at them all lined up like nice neat soldiers 😂😂😂
Mine look like mercenaries, all shapes and sizes on different coloured winders of various lengths!