Rig storage

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
If i make them up.
They are good for a couple of years i guess.
I have line etc anyway.
Like you say some get used a lot more.
I'm not taking that 70 quids worth of des shipps back 🤑
If you want when you’ve tied up some Shippy diamonds, what you’ve got left, I’ll swap you for some shippy maggot,pellet , and some other F1 floats 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The trouble is at the moment we’ve all got too much time on our hands, and tinkering and rig tying is the next best thing to being on the bank, so we just end up with trays of rigs, some of which are unlikely to ever see water 😂😂😂
That’s why every angler needs to learn to bake Gazza. 🙄🤣🤣

Simon R

Site Supporter
I had a real mish-mash of rigs on all manner of different winders but having plenty of time on my hands over the last 12 months or so I junked the lot, got a couple of dozen Preston winders to add to the ones I already had and started from scratch.
Ended up with two trays (28 rigs) in the top section of my box, and then 2 x 16 in other trays which I'll switch in or out as the year progresses - eg the winter rigs switched for summer ones. That's 50 rigs in total which is the most I've ever had tied at one time.
Plus there's also three or four whip rigs, half-a-dozen top 4 / top 5 rigs for the river and I've just this morning found a bunch of old Ireland rigs in the shed. Big line to hand rigs with 6-10g floats - some of which are shotted with lead shot (legal in Ireland) that has started to break-down and gone grey and flaky.
Ireland 2003 042a.jpg
Probably won't bother remaking these - I rather think the days of standing knee deep in an Irish lough fishing 8m+ line to hand are over - my back couldn't take it for a start :p

Simon

Marker50

Site Supporter
If you want when you’ve tied up some Shippy diamonds, what you’ve got left, I’ll swap you for some shippy maggot,pellet , and some other F1 floats 👍
I only got about 5 diamonds in each size mate.but thankyou.
I got diaminds.paste.margin.shallow.
Some in both f1 and carp.
Where does maggot and pellet fit in with above.or does above cover that.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I only got about 5 diamonds in each size mate.but thankyou.
I got diaminds.paste.margin.shallow.
Some in both f1 and carp.
Where does maggot and pellet fit in with above.or does above cover that.
The F1 pellet and maggot floats are slims mate, you can also get a carp slim as well, with a 2mm tip

Marker50

Site Supporter
From my previous pole fiasco.
I have dibbers and some inter carbons.
Like as been said previous will make mugging and very shallow with them

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Like my new des shallow ones more or less
Like this , I prefer these styles, 10D492B9-BF0F-47CE-9DD2-BA3DE35CD5A4.jpeg . I’ve just brought a batch from PR Floats for all my F1 fishing,apart from my shallow floats which are all TBF Cults....All my carp rigs are Malmans 👍

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
They look nice mate.
Would you use them as deck and shallow rigs
They are all deck floats, I only use TBF Cults for F1 shallow, as I usually fish banded maggot or banded caster , for F1, rather than pellets

Last edited:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I think we should have a baking thread 👍👍
Yep, we could have our own MD bake off. 🤣. You and Jonathan would have to be the judges though. We can’t have any ‘ Ringers ‘ competing. I’m a bit wary of Neil of the Nene’s apple pie with its apple shape cut pastry. I may have to up my game. He’s got me worried. 😳🤣🤣

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Yep, we could have our own MD bake off. 🤣. You and Jonathan would have to be the judges though. We can’t have any ‘ Ringers ‘ competing. I’m a bit wary of Neil of the Nene’s apple pie with its apple shape cut pastry. I may have to up my game. He’s got me worried. 😳🤣🤣
I think he’s doing a blog on apple pie making 😂😂😂and he counts the pieces of apple with clothes pegs 👍