Rig mate Pro

mikeyF

I’ve had one over 18 months now and can’t fault it

id borrowed someone’s to try and found it so easy to do all my rigs from 2ft to top 5 on it so ordered one

has others have said can use both hands to put shot on (I only use ballenbeni) shot so put it on slide it up line cut of line re tie a hook loop and position my shot accordingly to where I think il need them then just case of getting length of line needed attach float wind on winder rig and away I go to next one

ive found i can do quite few a night easier with this than trying to keep line tight to put shot on
I found it impossible to put Ballabeni shot on with untensioned line to the point I had given up and just used Stotz and the associated problems of them moving. It was one of the key reasons for buying it.

Now I can slide them on and squeeze with shot pliers with the associated reduction in stress levels and swearing.

bricky72

Site Supporter
I found it impossible to put Ballabeni shot on with untensioned line to the point I had given up and just used Stotz and the associated problems of them moving. It was one of the key reasons for buying it.

Now I can slide them on and squeeze with shot pliers with the associated reduction in stress levels and swearing.
yes that’s the main point for me don’t get me wrong still drop some shot but on the whole it’s quicker and easier to put ballabeni on