Rig length and extending rigs.

Marker50

Site Supporter
What length is your average length to you tie rigs to ie paste rigs.
Does anyone ever extend rigs on the bank.
My reflo power stock is shrinking

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I never extend a rig. I basically have top three and top four rigs set up for our local canals. I may take an inch or two off them if I feel the length of line between pole tip and float is a tad long but, I never tie bits of line on to extend them if this is what you mean ?

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I tie rigs to suit the venues I fish, also the heavier the float, the longer the line on it. Never add line to extend them.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Yes i did mate.
Was just thinking most places i go are not deep.
Just did'nt want to make every rig 90ft deep.
As in the lokdown i'm using up loads of line.not being tite 🤔 just did'nt want to be wasting loads

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Yes i did mate.
Was just thinking most places i go are not deep.
Just did'nt want to make every rig 90ft deep.
As in the lokdown i'm using up loads of line.not being tite 🤔 just did'nt want to be wasting loads
90 foot deep ? Where are you fishing ? North Sea ? 🤣🤣. Most of my rigs are top three but, one of our canals ( Aire & Calder ) is 10 to 12’ deep in places and requires top four rigs. That’s based on my pole though. I don’t know what you’ve got. 👍

Marker50

Site Supporter
👍.
If you are tying with no particular place in mind.and not a shallow rig etc.
What is average you use

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I know.
Anyways do you think 3 x out streched arms a good basis
Have you got a venue in mind ? And do you know how deep it is ? You mention it is relatively shallow so, I’m guessing you’d get away with a top three. I have a table in my tackle room with markers and measurements on so I can build rigs to whatever I require. Assuming you don’t I’d fetch a top three off your pole into the warmth and make a rig. From that you could simply copy it ???

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Even the best get caught out sometimes, don't we Gazz?......:whistle:;)
Ha!! It’s happened when I’ve gone to a new venue before, plumbed up, and my deepest rig disappeared and kept going, I just add some line on to it 😂😂