"rig clinic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexR

hi everybody

i thought this might make a good topic- post your favourite and best rigs on here like in APF magazines rig clinic. say the float, situation to use in, shotting, line dia. etc.
Alex i've just done a bit of editing to make the Pics work ok?

Edited by - Trogg on 22 January 2002 8:36:08 PM

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Simple rig for a simple minded man -

Carp in shallow water: Small (that is US small so about a #4) hook tied to the end of the mainline. Thread a few pieces of corn/maize on the hook. No weight desired while fishing but needed for casting so a very fine hair of suitable length and on the hair, place the number of sugar cubes needed to make the desired weight. Soon gone and I am free-lining.

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 23 January 2002 03:20:50 AM

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Now thats a damned good idea newt ya ol hillbilly you

Alan
You've just been moderated

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Instead of the fine line try PVA tape then nothing is left on the hook when it disol dissolv when it melts John

chill out go fishing

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
PVA tape - now that is a great variation and one I never would have thought of.

Guess all I gotta do is find somewhere to get PVA. May be a US place to buy the stuff - I hope. Otherwise, I gotta deal with that huge tax/duty thing for UK ordered items. Ah well, worth it.

Thanks.

Newt Vail

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Newt, just let me know what u want and I'll get it and send it.
Just bought PVA string for 4.50 for 20 metres. We can always sort out cost and p&p without the damn taxman involved.

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Hi Newt and Trev it is available PVA string that is at a lot less cost If you just want a small sample sent email me your address and I will stick some in the post to you. John

chill out go fishing

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Thanx Esox. I thought mine was in my profile but I had hidden it. Fixed now.

nvail@ctc.net to save you the look-up.

Newt Vail

martin.

Account Locked
hi
1 thing i have noticed when newcommers & even some of the more seasoned running line anglers when they first start whip fishing they buy ready made rigs or special pole floats at ridiculus prices when i
find one of the easiest to make & use is a small waggler set as with running line, most of wieght at base of float with small dropper shot towards hook, lenght of rig = lenght of whip - about 30cm,s.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.