Ribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinnyboy

Well just fished the ribble at bonsai for first time.
Should have got there 10 mins earlier, as i got the last peg, next to the steps, muddy was not the word for it.
You can only fish 9am till 5pm there, t'others left at 3:45pm having caught nowt.
I left at 4:30 also having caught nowt, Tried luncheon meat, luncheon meat with corn, corn, cat food, worm, feeder filled with groundbait mixed with the water from boiling my hemp. Still no bites, must've been an off day.
Couldn't float fish due to obstruction in front of me, and while i was fishing water level rose 4 inches, (the obstruction i mentioned was one of those posts with the depth marked on).
Oh well better luck next time eh.

Tinny

tinnyboy

Datafile11.asp

Made a new friend though,

bob cheys

i fished the ribble last sunday at walton,fished the grub for chub,did 10 hrs,bugger all.went monday had a barble nearly 10lb.still no chub,fished again yesterday.2 small barble,1 small hub,river rose a foot due to the dreaded rain.tiz doin me ed in nowav u bin on since?????????

BigMac

Tinny Boy. Ribble was high today, according to the locals it wasn't a good day for it. Next time try Ribchester village front its only 5 - 10 mins from Bonsai. Its owned by Ribchester angles but you can get a day ticket from the Spar shop for 5. I went last week after work, had 3 barbel (6Lb biggest) and a chub in 3 hours. I went with a local, he uses 18mm hair rig halibut pellet with a PVA bag of feeder pellets (4-6mm) clipped to a 2oz lead.

bob cheys

that ribble gets worse...last four visits 2 barble...although 1 was 13lb 2 oz..still poor fishing..n still no chub.last year had bags upto n over a ton..

Bricktop

Snap
I thought it was just me [:I] Dunno where the chub have gone. They seemed to vanish at the start of the season in those big floods. I've heard no big catch reports since.

must be mad

I would agree the chub seem to have ''well disappeared ''hope they have just moved because of the floods ,hope the seal invasion has not had a bigger effect than we thought also seems the barbel have not been shoaled up like normal ,it could be me though I don't really target them only fish maggot and worm on the stick ,although this as brought me good numbers of fish up to double figures over the last few years .Not many trout either had up to 8 in a session last year this time hardly one decent one .

On a plus have had more Roach than ever this year .

I put it down to the bad rain it makes me feel better .

[:)]

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
LOL. [:D]
Dunno where the chub have gone. They seemed to vanish at the start of the season in those big floods. I've heard no big catch reports since

DOWNSTREAM ????[;)][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.