Ribble

Lcn

Just been down on the ribble to fish into dark with a mate on a club stretch . It was up and coloured and there was a plenty of weed coming down at first but this died away as the water dropped . Wasn’t expecting much till the sun went down and that’s what happened other than my mate getting an eel on spam and a couple of blokes who came later on also getting an eel apiece . Once it was dark my mate had a chub about 3lb on double pellet and that was it till just after 10 when my right hand rod gave a little tap and and then the tip pulled down and I hooked a fish that I first thought was a chub because it didn’t seem heavy and was coming in easy till it woke up and started taking line . Eventually got it in and unhooked it in the net and let it rest for a while . Looking at it in the net it grew and I thought it might be a scraper double so weighed it quickly and it didn’t quite make it at 9-1/2 but still a good fish . Put it back in the net to rest before releasing it and had one more cast but about 15 minutes later there was a flash of lightning so we packed up lively . EDB61ECE-216E-4E28-9DEA-4AFB9581FA44.jpeg

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
well done lcn it's good to see quality barbel coming out of the ribble,
it's one of the rivers I cut my teeth on.