Ribble - Balderstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Fisher

Does anyone know how to access the Balderstone stretch of the River Ribble. You used to be able to get through by the house or farm which is adjacent, but its closed off to fisherman now. Also, can you still get day tickets for this stretch or is it club membership only.

Thanks

scouse

'River Man'
hi m8
are you talking about
lowerhouse farm
it is now a warrington water

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Jeremy Fisher

Yeah it probably is Lowerhouse farm. Is that where the access is now? Can you still buy day tickets ?

Cheers

chataholic

BALDERSTONE IS ACCESABLE FROM LOWER HOUSE FARM WARRINGTON ANGLERS LET THIS WATER FROM THE E.A. AND ARE OBLIGED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE LEASE TO PROVIDE DAY TICKETS UNDERSTANDABLY THEY KEEP THIS INFO TO THEMSELVES, JUST TURN UP AND FISH IF CHALLENGED ON THE BANK ASK FOR A DAY TICKET (WHICH THE BAILIF DOESNT HAVE)AS YOU ARE AWARE THAT DAY TICKETS ARE A REQUIREMENT OF THE LEASE AND HE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE OTHER THAN TO LET YOU FISH OR ALTERNATIVELY FISH THE WOODS ON THE OPPOSITE BANK ON A PRESTON CENTRE TICKET.

chataholic

quote:Originally posted by Jeremy Fisher

Thats great chataholic, thanks.
No prblem need any directions for opposite bank e-mail me and ill send you maps and directions[:D]

bloodworm

hi scag,mark at jacksons fishing tackle in preston has some tickets,he fishes the srteches and will put you on the right pegs,give him a bell[01772 729229] hope this helps,

bloodworm.

ackersj

Thats excellent news ! I was most perplexed when I went down there for a look after living overseas for a few years. I was cursing the E.A. as I assumed they'd let the water go to a private club but it appears not. Did Northern Anglers fold altogether ? Do you know what happened to the Northern Anglers length on the River Vyrnwy ?

quote:Originally posted by chataholic

BALDERSTONE IS ACCESABLE FROM LOWER HOUSE FARM WARRINGTON ANGLERS LET THIS WATER FROM THE E.A. AND ARE OBLIGED UNDER THE TERMS OF THE LEASE TO PROVIDE DAY TICKETS UNDERSTANDABLY THEY KEEP THIS INFO TO THEMSELVES, JUST TURN UP AND FISH IF CHALLENGED ON THE BANK ASK FOR A DAY TICKET (WHICH THE BAILIF DOESNT HAVE)AS YOU ARE AWARE THAT DAY TICKETS ARE A REQUIREMENT OF THE LEASE AND HE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE OTHER THAN TO LET YOU FISH OR ALTERNATIVELY FISH THE WOODS ON THE OPPOSITE BANK ON A PRESTON CENTRE TICKET.

jhinchley

Unfortunately the facts about Balderstone in the previous posts are incorrect.
The balderstone stretch is no longer owned by the EA and the new owner lets the fishery exclusively to Warrington angling association.
There are NO day tickets available.
This information is current and direct from Frank Lythgoe secretary of WAA.

Jeremy Fisher

Fantastic !

We may as well do away with the E.A rod licence and just have a Warrington Anglers Card. Or even easier, let Warrington Anglers run the fisheries department of the E.A.

Scag Fish

Well said Mr Fisher. Keep the rivers open to the casual fisherman and his child (the fishermen of the future). Turn the right to roam bill into the right to fish.
Regards
Scag

Dervaig

Is it the intention, I wonder, of W.A.A. & P.A.A.S. to eventually take over the whole river?????

Mike

Everybody believes in something - I believe I'll have another beer.

ackersj

Its a tough one and I dont think you can have a go at WAA as there membership is open, not sure about P.A.A.S. these days. Lots of the Ribble isnt open at all to coarse fishing, so if they dont step in you'd probably have no access at all !?

Personally I think rivers should be open to all but thats a job for the EA/Government and outside the control of WAA so they are just being practical as things stand.

ps. not a member of either and used to fish Balderstone !

Status
Not open for further replies.