Resurrection Angling

Noddy220

Hi All,

Is anyone in touch with Dennis from Resurrection Angling. Ive tried everything to get hold of him numerous times over the last few weeks. Ive tried calling his mobile, texting, email, Facebook messenger, posting on the Facebook Resurrection Angling site but he will not return my attempts to get hold of him.

I know that hes just taken a new fishery over and hes probably very busy. I purchased the new hook tier in he now sells. In previous conversation with him Im aware that hes doing some community work at his new fishery with ex soldiers with PTSD or other problems which is close to my heart as Im a vet too. With this in mind I paid Dennis £200 on the understanding that the extra bit would go towards his community projects with the veterans.

I eventually (delayed somewhat) received the hook tier and set it up as instructed but there are clearly some problems with it that I need to sort out with Dennis. There are a few issues but the main one is that during the process of tying the hook the brass plunger snaps the line. Now its an expensive bit of kit if its not working properly.

Ive had the tier for about 3 weeks now and as Ive said tried everything to get hold of him to get it sorted.

I dont want to speak out of turn as there may be some reasonable excuse. That said, at the end of the day hes running a business. I know hes taken the fishery on and hes busy but that is not an excuse. He needs to take the necessary steps to ensure that both Resurrection Angling and the fishery are run properly and not ignore one cause hes busy with the other, if this indeed the case. I feel that I paid him my money, theres an issue and I should have the facility to either get it resolved or have a refund. To not reply is bad business and I dare say very rude. Im starting to get quite frustrated at the whole situation.

If I bought something from AD or Bobco or North Notts Angling I could just pick the phone up and sort it. Surely it should be the same with Resurrection Angling.

Im aware that other people are having similar issues in getting hold of him.

I would be very grateful for any advice assistance in regards what I (and others) should do in this situation.

Please all you old schoolers who would say why would you pay so much for a hook tier, just use a matchman or do it by hand. Theres reasons why I purchased it which is nothing to do with the money. In any case I think the ZT Pro etc has been done to death on this forum.

Thanks in advance

Steve

burger

Site Supporter
I am having the same problem ordered hook tier, case and a hand held all paid for, he said he had posted it to me and I have received no tracking info or hook tier. As you have said in your post I have tried also calling him it rings out goes to voice mail so left him a message, Facebook, email and web chat on the website I have also left him a whats app message and not heard anything back at all.
Lets hope he is ok first and foremost and he gets in touch with us.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've sent Dennis an email with a link to this thread.
All being well everything is okay with him

burger

Site Supporter
Cheers Dave thank you sir just seems a tad strange just hope all is ok with him and his family.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi All,

Is anyone in touch with Dennis from Resurrection Angling. Ive tried everything to get hold of him numerous times over the last few weeks. Ive tried calling his mobile, texting, email, Facebook messenger, posting on the Facebook Resurrection Angling site but he will not return my attempts to get hold of him.

I know that hes just taken a new fishery over and hes probably very busy. I purchased the new hook tier in he now sells. In previous conversation with him Im aware that hes doing some community work at his new fishery with ex soldiers with PTSD or other problems which is close to my heart as Im a vet too. With this in mind I paid Dennis £200 on the understanding that the extra bit would go towards his community projects with the veterans.

I eventually (delayed somewhat) received the hook tier and set it up as instructed but there are clearly some problems with it that I need to sort out with Dennis. There are a few issues but the main one is that during the process of tying the hook the brass plunger snaps the line. Now its an expensive bit of kit if its not working properly.

Ive had the tier for about 3 weeks now and as Ive said tried everything to get hold of him to get it sorted.

I dont want to speak out of turn as there may be some reasonable excuse. That said, at the end of the day hes running a business. I know hes taken the fishery on and hes busy but that is not an excuse. He needs to take the necessary steps to ensure that both Resurrection Angling and the fishery are run properly and not ignore one cause hes busy with the other, if this indeed the case. I feel that I paid him my money, theres an issue and I should have the facility to either get it resolved or have a refund. To not reply is bad business and I dare say very rude. Im starting to get quite frustrated at the whole situation.

If I bought something from AD or Bobco or North Notts Angling I could just pick the phone up and sort it. Surely it should be the same with Resurrection Angling.

I would be very grateful for any advice assistance in regards what I (and others) should do in this situation.

Please all you old schoolers who would say why would you pay so much for a hook tier, just use a matchman or do it by hand. Theres reasons why I purchased it which is nothing to do with the money. In any case I think the ZT Pro etc has been done to death on this forum.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Hey Steve, you dont have to justify what you spend your money on to us lot. If it makes your fishing more pleasurable then do it. You cant take it with you matey. I tie by hand purely because I cant seem to master the art of the hook tier. I do believe these hook tiers are the dogs. ?

burger

Site Supporter
Starting to think this company has stopped trading, i cannot get in touch with them at all what ever i try. The only option left is to go direct to were they trade from and sort it out face to face.

pies

Site Supporter
When u say its cutting the line are you gently releasing the plunger to trap the line or just letting go. If the latter this can cause line snaps
I tried email about A week ago. NO reply

burger

Site Supporter
I wish I had one to cut the line I have paid for it and not received nothing of them to say am getting wound up is an understatement. I see he is on his fishery serving food but cannot get in touch with customers who have paid him for his product.

BARBELIN

Yes. Trying to get parts for my zt pro. Never answer emails, phone calls or facebooks messages (although they did remove the negative comments from their Facebook page that myself and a few others left). it looks the same old story where he got involved sponsoring a matchfishing event which was plastered all over there Facebook page at the time it all went downhill. Now he’s involved in a fishery now by the look of it. I eventually got my parts after he left the previous company.

burger

Site Supporter
This is bad darts folks taking people's money and in my case receiving nothing. The more think about it the more I want to drive to there place of business/fishery and sort it out. Its the story behind why I purchased the hook tier is what is making me wound up.

burger

Site Supporter
I would just like to apologies to Dave (Red Leader) for my rants thank you sir for taking the time out

Noddy220

Just an update in regards the issue with Resurrection Angling.
I have continued to try and get in touch with Dennis. I have given him the benefit of the doubt as I though he may have a family emergency or similar. Hes ignored all my attempts to speak to him.

Today I saw that he had posted on his new lake complex that food will be up and running soon. So he can work at his lakes but not have the decency to sort out issues that his customers are having. This is extremely bad business.

It seems that there is nothing wrong and that he is choosing to ignore us. By us I mean theres lots of us out there that have problems with either the hook tiers not working or not even having receiving them in the first place.

Anyway to confirm it my suspicions I put a post on his Resurrection Angling Facebook page telling him of my problems and that I've tried to get in touch and that I wasn't happy the way I was being treated and wanted it sorting.

You wont believe it but hes deleted the post. Im F@"?ing fuming. I will not let this go and I will get my money back one way or another.

Is anyone else having the same issues. Maybe we should all turn up at his lakes on mass to sort it out with him..???

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Steve

How did you pay for it originally?

Trading standards may not do much, but if you bought online unseen then the vendor IS subject to distance selling regulations, so maybe you'd have the support of your payment provider if you're not happy with the item.

It's time dependent, so don't delay in looking at the possibility.

This is why if Im dealing with an unknown company I always pay by Paypal. I know I'll get a refund provided I keep the evidence of whats happened.

Lastly, is it a limited company he is trading through?

burger

Site Supporter
Tell you what Noddy sod trading standards lets go old school and turn up at his home/fishery am up for it he has stole money of us.

pies

Site Supporter
Well Dennis is posting regualary on FB on his fishery site last was 8 hours ago