Result of Sheldons East Stoke River Trent Match 11th September 2021

IanG1

Site Supporter
Long time since I've been called a kid mate, not the easiest pegs to fish and thought at least one of us would take a dip.

mattnewark

Shame the weights were low. I normally have the tripod set up there due to the rocks, and would have stuck it out for a Barbel I think as there are plenty there when they want to feed.

I was sure the best weights would have come from the snaggy pegs from 10 - 17 but there you go, that's fishing. Well done to the framers.

See some of you on the pork pie at Lakeview.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@mattnewark are you sure you didn't know how it was going to fish in advance and decided to go somewhere else ? :unsure::unsure::D:D

Only kidding Matt. :upthumb:

mattnewark

Ha ha, I nearly contemplated not going to work so I could fish it.

Although I've not been fishing for almost a month now......i want rain desperately. I fished those pegs from the top of the bank in heavy flood just chucking where you lot was stood last winter and had some lovely Barbel up to 12lbs. They are there I promise......and the 7oz leads just hold in those rocks!

nenboy

A barbel or bust attack for me ( nick) after drawing peg 11 ,not the area I was hoping for as the barbel tend to get caught on the higher and lower pegs but hey ho ,really attacked the peg with a heavy feeder approach hoping to draw some barbel from the downstream pegs and after a few dace and perch in the first 3 hours the tip finally rattled and a 2lb scamp was soon landed ,a 6lber came 20 minutes later just as 2 boats went through the peg ,that was the last action but was happy with that from that area.8lb 12oz and 2nd place ,good to fish a match again having given up match fishing many moons ago ,well done all.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Enjoyed sitting on the box, felt i was more accurate with the casting, kept hitting the same snag every time (y)
It's why they are there though and interestingly, some snags you can pull through on the right gear, some you just know are solid right from the lift. Better stretch and leveller though for the match is Sheldons i feel.