Reported Chrome Mobile issue

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Since the last Chrome mobile browser update (Chrome 85), several people have reported issues when using the Chrome Mobile Browser.

While trying to respond in a thread the Keyboard disappears as soon as you press enter. The end result is that you end up clicking one of the similar threads and get away from the thread you are trying to reply to.

The forum software developers are aware of the issue and are waiting on Google to release a fix in their next update.
The bug is not specific to this forum software and has been reported widely across many sites.

Latest Chrome Stable (85.0.4183.81) >

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
yup... had that, I deleted then reloaded MD in the hope it would sort it but to no avail... as soon as you make a typo if you press the backspace button the whole keyboard does and offski

SeanB

Site Supporter
I haven't had that particular problem but I have been having problems with it freezing sometimes.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Over the years I'd say we've had more issues with Chrome than any other browser.

Firefox Mobile is a good alternative

fishcatcher4

yup... had that, I deleted then reloaded MD in the hope it would sort it but to no avail... as soon as you make a typo if you press the backspace button the whole keyboard does and offski

It's not your printer arry is it.. :D

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Same here, I have to get it back each time I delete a letter in a typo, especially on a quote

rudd

Site Supporter
Have this alot with various applications.
Sometimes run explorer, chrome and edge at same time!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just an update to this thread...

From what I understand the Google Chrome developers have released a fix for this issue and it is being rolled out with the next updates which should be coming to a mobile device very close to you shortly :)