Replacement legs for old style BOSS seat boxes

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Hi all,

I've recently acquired an old BOSS seat box and realised quite quickly that finding replacement bits and bobs for it was tricky, and that 19mm replacement legs cost...well, an arm and a leg (groan). But- and I hope this helps someone else out there- I have discovered a company in Wetherby called Metals4U that do custom cut 19mm square-ends for WAY less money than you'd pay for replacement legs (they also do other diameters and even make the wee inserts too).

I've also just picked up six PI mud feet (19mm) from eBay, so happy boy today!

Tight lines and hope this is useful for someone.

Al

Nicky Dodds

Would that be the box from a lad in ponte called kelv mac?
I've used Metals4U for some box section to make arms for a side tray and some alloy tube to make some long inner legs for my octbox. They are very good and will cut it all to size for a nominal fee if required.

IanG1

Site Supporter
Love my old boss modulator and it's 19mm legs. May be old but it does the job perfectly for me with all the storage I need. Bomb proof construction and can't justify spending £100s more on something that won't catch me more fish.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Love my old boss modulator and it's 19mm legs. May be old but it does the job perfectly for me with all the storage I need. Bomb proof construction and can't justify spending £100s more on something that won't catch me more fish.

Exactly mate, I don't need something that looks like its off the set of Star Wars and made of carbon!!