Replacement ledger rod tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philll

Hi from New Zealand.
I need to purchase two rod tip top sections that have broken.
The rod is marked "Olympic Carbon Composite Multi-Quiver 10ft.(3.06M). Item A86. Made in Korea."
The rod cloth holder is marked "Mitchell" in addition to the above rod markings.
The rod was imported from the UK and sold to me in NZ.

The top section dimensions are:
Length:520mm
Diameter at large end; 3.5mm
Diameter at small tip end: 2.0mm

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement rod tips or even a rod repairer who could supply carbon blanks ?

PS: Mitchell do not supply replacement parts out of warranty

pegasus

benny
if mitchel wont supply a replacment then i think your prety well sunk mate.
i think what i would do is take the rod to the tackle shop and try fitting other rod ends to it to find out wich one fits best and one that goes with the action of the rod, but i think this would be the proverbial needle and haystack.
do mitchell still make the rod?
if they do then you might as well buy yourself a new one, at end of day it will be cheaper mate.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Have to agree with the others,

but just out of curiosity, how much do coarse fishing rods cost in NZ, and what are your target species.

Please don't say F1 carp ! [:D]

Philll

Originally posted by pleasurenut

Have to agree with the others,

but just out of curiosity, how much do coarse fishing rods cost in NZ, and what are your target species.

Please don't say F1 carp ! [:D]

Coarse fishing rods and tackle are unobtainable in NZ. We have to buy over the internet.
In fact we don`t have one single coarse fishing tackle shop in the whole of Nz to my knowledge.
Coarse fishing species are Rudd, Tench, Perch, Catfish, and Yes Koi Carp.
So if you visit NZ be prepared to breed your own maggots !!!

stikflote

Site Supporter
if no tackle shops in N Z is there coarsefishing there?? ps welcome to site, your rods are not well known makes over here you can buy decent rods here around 40GBP I dont know much to post to you tho

Last edited:

Philll

Originally posted by pinman

if no tackle shops in N Z is there coarsefishing there?? ps welcome to site, your rods are not well known makes over here you can buy decent rods here around 40GBP I dont know much to post to you tho

Coarse fishing in NZ is limited to just a couple of hundred anglers ( mainly emmigrants from the UK) and mostly centered in the Auckland region.
In comparison I believe there are some 6 million coarse anglers in the UK which is more than the total population of NZ !!!
We have to rely on buying tackle etc from UK internet websites with high freight charges to NZ.
It is not easy to choose a new rod over the interent which you cannot see or feel prior to buying.
What did you mean by 40GPB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.