Repairing Barrow Punctures

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazmat

Guys I have had a couple of punctures recently with my wheels...I'm a ex cyclist, so I know a bit about repairs...but how the hell do you get these wheels on and off...driving me mad.
Used the tyre levers, broke two of them, got the tyre off eventually...and there it has stayed, I can't get the s@dding thing back on.... any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

stikflote

Site Supporter
use some washing up liquid on tyre bead ,
failing that put tyre on wheel get as much of tyre on to rim than use a mallet to hammer it on,same way you put truck tyres on easy

shinkicker

fill em full of that stuff that swells inside and lines the tyre to prevent punctures.

bluemack

Site Supporter
i took mine to kwik fit and suprisingly they had an inner tube to fit,cost me about a fiver.supplied and fitted.

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
Check my sig. We sell the pneumatic wheels. Ask for chris and I'll give you a forum discount

hemphead2

hemphead2
I had the same problem with my trolley,after a lot of swearing and cursing to get the inner tube out I took it to national tyres in maidstone and he got the inner tube out in a jiffy and repaired the puncture.
All it cast me was a drink for the fella.

You cannot use tyre weld as it has an inner tube,these products are for tubeless tyres.

gazmat

Cheers Chris I may just do that, if I have no success.....will try the washing up and brute force method first, then give up, then call Chris for a new one..[:D]

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
no problems mate. do a full range of pneumatic wheels in steel and plastic centre from 20mm - 400mm all with steel needle roller bearings

davebike

I had no trouble but I mend Motorbikes :))
I am happy to change tubes for forum members foc if you drop in I may even have a tube :))
Don't use washing up liquid it rots the rubber of the tube and tyre and can damage steel wheels also never go's away so can cause a tyre to slip on rim and destroy the tube !!
The home remedy is hand washing soap a bar not the liquid, wet it and apply with a paint brush slips tyres on and off as well as tyre soap which us pro's use

Rudolph Hucker

Guys you should try OKO its a substance used for the commercial lawn mowers the council use. They pick up thorns all the time. I've put it in my wheel barrow wheel and not had a puncture for 2 years. Its brilliant. I got mine off eBay

the gaffer

Originally posted by hemphead2

You cannot use tyre weld as it has an inner tube,these products are for tubeless tyres.

those products work just fine in tubed tyres,i used some in my mothers invalid scooter and it sealed it instantly,that was over a year ago.used some a couple weeks ago in my rideon mower tyre,that also sealed and has stayed up fine,again a tubed tyre.

Status
Not open for further replies.