renny

Status
Not open for further replies.

graeme s

anyone going down today i'll be going this after noon. so i'll post a report later

GRAEME
IF YOU DON'T CATCH KEEP TRYING YOU WILL IN THE END.

graeme s

as promised a quick summary of my trip to renny lake last saturday.
i arrived at around 1-30 pm with a wide chioce of swims to choose from. on getting to the waters edge i met rob radstrom for those who don't know who he is. he's the guy who did the article for IYCF. any way after about ten mins chatting i picked a peg at the top island as you approach the lake. i set up 2 rigs first one comprising of a drennan tipo 0.75g to fish mid depth on the drop. and the other a 0.5g dibber set at 8ins deep. bait comprised of 1/2 pint of mixed maggits,1 tin corn(notused) 1 tin of coshida red and 8 slices of bread. and not forgetting 1 pint of micro pellets laced with cat meat and liver amino squirt. after starting tight to the island not catching much. i moved to the margins on my right hand side using the top 2 sections only i fed a couple of handfuls of pellets and fished cat food over the top. i might add that wearing polaroids is a good idea. then the first take came fairly quickly. after a dogged fight a small common of around 2lb came to the net. the next one took off like a freight train nearly pulling the pole out of my hands another carp this time a very dark almost black mirror of about 7/8lbs . 5 more carp followed in quick succesion ave 3-6lbs. i then went back to my other line a small handful of pellets and maggots were introduced and the silvers started swirling on top. a quick no of roach an rudd were landed. then the chub moved in taking 3 crackers ave2 1/2 to 3lbs were netted berfor that swim drying up. with the day drawing on the carp were now taking off the top with rob opting for the stalking approach. wandering further down the lake getting a fish a chuck. i however went for the crafty approach. taking off the dibber rig and attatching 4 feet of 6lb line with a size 8 esp hook attatched coupled together with a nice piece of crust. it took around 10-15 mins to coax the carp round from the other side of the island but when they arrived boy did i know about it. a big fat pair of lips round the biat and he was off laggy flying out of me pole somehow i got his head turned an after a good fight he came to the net a lovley common pushin double figures. after bumping a few i decided to call it a day. i'd like to thank rob for some very good tips he gave me whilst we were chatting. all in all not a bad day's fishing. i would have taken some photos but the batteries in me camera were dead typical.

GRAEME

politis

Going to Renny or Shotton tomorrow am - anyone else around ?

Regards

Robin

norm

going to rennys on friday 8th August
me and slick will be there

Datafile4.asp

graeme s

i'd love to go fri but i is travelling up from portsmouth. but i'll be at the oaks saturday 9th.i'm down as reserve in a match if i don't fish that i'll just day ticet it i suppose.

GRAEME

Status
Not open for further replies.