Renny Lake - The Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Just a quick post to let you know how today went, I'll post the photos I took as soon as possible (and I know there were plenty of others taken anyway)

Seventeen maggot-drowners turned up for the 9am draw (a few having to drop out at the last minute for various reasons) and together with three Stokesley AC members there were twenty of us all told.

I'll post the details of the match later but to sum up - everybody caught and we weighed over 118lbs between us.

1st Ricky Brown (Stokesley AC) 18lbs 2oz
2nd Graham Lowery (Stokesley AC) 14lbs 9.5oz
3rd Mal Connop (Mr C) 13lbs 13.5oz
4th Daz Brewster (Daz B) 12lbs 15oz
5th Mick Ayres 10lbs 3.5oz
6th Tony Prentice (Teepee) 9lbs 2oz
7th Dave Watson (Stokesley AC) 8lbs 9.5oz
8th Keith Stephenson (Slick) 6lbs 10oz
9th Dave Webster (Dave) 5lbs 14oz
10th Norm Hamilton (Norm) 5lbs 5oz
11th Ian Mascall (Mookie) 5lbs 1oz
12th Simon Robson (Simon R) 2lbs 14oz
13th Malc Doyle (Malc) 2lbs 9oz
14th Mike Bramham (Mike Bram) 1lbs 0oz
15th Bob Copland (Carpbob) 8.5oz
16th Haydn Borthwick (Haydn) 7oz
17th Ronnie Wedlake (Carper2002) 6oz
DNW Andy Thompson (Toma)
DNW Bernie Bivens
DNW Phillip Ayres (Phillip)

All in all a good day out with plenty of friendly rivalry and banter - Malc even found someone new to lose a pound to [:p]

More details later but I'm sure there will be a few pictures posted on here by others soon.

Tight Lines

Simon

mookie

mookie
[^][^][^][^][^]

Well done Simon me ol mucker, great day out...met some new faces....Hi Andy..lol lol.....

Cheers all.....Maggotdrowners simply the best....[:D][:D][:D]

MOOKSTER..

G

Here's the M/Ds and the legend RED,long live RED,
Malc with RED,

catch me if u can
Andy,

carper2002

'Ronnie'
NICE ONE SIMON THANKS GREAT PHOTO TOMA ANY CHANCE OF A 10 X 8 COPY
FOR MY WALL IF SO LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH IT WILL COST AND ILL SEND YOU THE REMITTANCE
CHEERS

RONNIE (carper2002)

MALC

Cheers Simon for arranging the day it made a change to fish somewhere new and spread the "JINX" to others and their waters [;)]

The craic was good and it was nice to meet some new and old faces.

The only bad point was sitting behind local boy Ricky and having to listen to every one of his fish splash as he netted them on his way to a good win [;)][;)]

As for Dave and "THE 1" i couldn't upset RED LEADER and beat him could i [:p][:p]

Cheers everybody for an enjoyable day even if it was a long one (got home at 12.30 in the end after having a 4 hour kip in the services) [;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And here's a boat load of photos [:D]

2nd Graham Lowery (Stokesley AC) 14lbs 9.5oz

hmm.. Dunno lol

13th Malc Doyle (Malc) 2lbs 9oz

5th Mick Ayres 10lbs 3.5oz

1st Ricky Brown (Stokesley AC) 18lbs 2oz

3rd Mal Connop (Mr C) 13lbs 13.5oz

And I'll cherish the 1 Malc [8D]

Dave

Slick

'eyebrows'
Good group photo toma, but is that the shadow of a giant maggotdrowner in the foreground ??? [:)][:)]

norm

it could be tomas giant member Rod by the looks of it

Last edited by a moderator:

Simon R

Site Supporter
Sorry about the delay in getting this up but I've been a bit busy the last week or so

We couldn't have hoped for better weather really, bright (too bright for some) sunshine and just a gentle breeze - not bad for early March anyway.

After sorting the draw I found myself on the end peg (20) with a couple of Stokesley lads to my right. The rustling of newpaper packages earlier indicated a bit of bloodworm and joker useage and sure enough Ricky, Graham and Watto all had it. You'll certainly catch more silver fish using bloodworm at Renny but if the carp decide to 'have a go' you won't win with it.

I was getting soundly battered by Graham to my left (here he is just about to lose a carp[:D])

so decided to have a wander and see what was getting caught.

Daz was on the peg I'd had a couple of carp from the previous match so I told him to fling his feeder over towards the island. I'd no sooner turned my back when he had this in the net.

After meeting Red (certainly the highlight of the year so far) I wandered along towards the low numbered pegs to see Mal (Mr C) landing this fish.

Tony (teepee) was catching well from peg 1. He was fishing the long pole into the deeper water between the two islands but so far other than the carp Ricky caught very early and a smaller one that Dave snared it was all silver fish.

Malc went for a wander to spread The Jinx as far as possible, he arrived behind Toma just as he was battling a sizeable carp on the pole - needless to say - it came off [:p][:p]

At the end of the match Ricky was a clear winner hios roach and carp weighing 18lb 2oz.
Here's the photos of all those that weighed in (except Dave Watson - his fish were hijacked by the Anglers Mail photographer who turned up)

Ricky

Graham

Mal (Mr C)

DazB

Mick

Tony (Teepee)

Keith (Slick)

Dave was next but I haven't got a photo of his catch - care to oblige Dave?

Norm

Ian (Mookie)

Simon R

Malc

Mike Bram

And that's about it (at least that's all the photos I've got)

if you fancy another bash up here in the frozen north I might be able to arrange something for late October / early November - so let me know.

Tight Lines

Simon

norm

exerlant simon but with only one rule

no venues regulars (LOL)

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Good report & pictures Simon,[:)]

if you arrange another i'll make one as long as it doesn't clash with my club matches,[;)]

Norm i know what you mean (regulars with b/joker)[:(]

teepee.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Yes Simon count me in as well......great photos mate....[:D][:D]...clever buggar you mate....also take self potraits eh !!!!!

Good day all round.....just mds next time be fairer on all of us...lol lol....[^][^][^][:D]

Cheers...

MOOKSTER....[:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.