Remember.

Sportsman

Site Supporter
We will be going to the service at the memorial in the village at 11.00 tomorrow, as we do every year.
Tomorrow is a bank holiday here.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If ya look at the veterans marching behind they Sally Army ya can see a lad with a white stick marching, he’s a old school mate total respect to him and everyone else ?

Chervil

Site Supporter
For a small market town, I reckon there were a couple of thousand at our service. The local school has also been out again.
IMG_20191110_103736619_HDR.jpg IMG_20191110_102730828_HDR.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
One of my nephews was in the march past the Cenotaph today - he was in the guards and did several tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, the last one of which was very traumatic and left him with ptsd.
He's okay now, left the army after ten years or so, and had a couple of years on medical. Now employed in civvy street.
Four nephews in total, all of which served.

Rememberance is not only for the servicemen and women, those that didn't come back, and those that did; it's also for the families of those that served to show them all our respects.

bryanh

Site Supporter
Regular club match prevented attendance at my local war memorial but we observed two minutes silence at 11.00 o'clock as we do every year.