Reel

Nobby1987

Hi does anyone know where I can get a bail arm line roller for a Shimano aero gt bait runner I have tried Shimano but the reel is over 5 years old so no parts I love the reel don't really want to part with it as it's in a set of 3 would really appreciate it if someone new of any one or if I could get one made
Thanks rob

grey

Site Supporter
yes, felindre for any older Shimano. Or, you could keep your eye open for a wreaker on eBay?

Nobby1987

Thanks guys I have tried them but no luck they have no stock left , anyone know someone who could make the part ?
I also tried Jim's reels no luck there will keep an eye on eBay if anyone hears of a broken 8010 could you let me know
Thanks rob

SeanB

Site Supporter

Maybe one of these will have what you need.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Might be worth trying your local model railway club, i should think some of them will turn their own bits and pieces.

richox12

I'm amazed that you cannot get one. 5yrs is not long. Are they just temporarily out of stock ? Alternatively many families of reels use the same sized roller. Can you check with other Shimanos (it might be a generic part anyway so they have none, for none. But it's worth checking) ?

aseadabite

I have a collection of bits of old reels and I am sure I have a bail arm roller,(not ball bearing) that you can have. If you PM me with your address I will post it to you F O C.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I'm amazed that you cannot get one. 5yrs is not long. Are they just temporarily out of stock ? Alternatively many families of reels use the same sized roller. Can you check with other Shimanos (it might be a generic part anyway so they have none, for none. But it's worth checking) ?
I had the same issue of not being able to get spare parts for a Shimano reel that was about 5 years old.... They sent me a link to their current catalogue and suggested I buy a new reel......... I did just that..... A Daiwa...!!