Reel lines

glasgowdan

Looking to spool up with some fresh line after not using some of the gear for a few years and wonder what you're using now, in the 6-8lb range for feeder fishing?

Thanks

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That will open a can of worms as each has their own 'favourites' Personally, I use a high tech line, but something like Daiwa Sensor should do the job nicely.

solwood

Site Supporter
I use both daiwa sensor and daiwa hyper Sensor

Hyper Sensor is the softer and thiner line of the two,Sensor slightly more robust

6 to8lb sounds heavy to me for the float

7lb hyper Sensor. May be a good choice for you

glasgowdan

I use both daiwa sensor and daiwa hyper Sensor

Hyper Sensor is the softer and thiner line of the two,Sensor slightly more robust

6 to8lb sounds heavy to me for the float

7lb hyper Sensor. May be a good choice for you
Hyper sensor sounds good. I do like softer lines. My gear also gets used for mullet and mini species fishing in harbours so I prefer 8lb or so.

Cheers

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
I have both Preston sinking feeder line and Guru pulse line on both my reels. Both (identical) reels have 8lb and 6lb depending on the conditions etc. The Preston is much easier to sink than the pulse line, like twice as quick. After a day's coaching however I am going to try the Matrix Horizon X as this is what he uses and remove the Guru line.
The Preston has been excellent and is what I would immediately recommend but I will come back once I have tried the Matrix for comparison.

solwood

Site Supporter
I used to use gardener hydro flo

Still think it's a great libe for me

Hyper Sensor is just as good, but available in bulk spools so much more economical

I find Sensor underrated in terms of BS so 4ld Sensor is thicker than 5lb hyper whi h is similar diameter to 4lb hydro flo

I just treat 5lb hyper as my 4lb line and if its a bit snaggier use 4lb sensor

bezzer

I've been using Daiwa Sensor for years, both for Tench and Barbel fishing. Cracking line.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I've been using some Falcon match sinking line for a while for waggler and feeder, nice and thin for the strength, and sinks well. For trotting it was Sufix English match line, can't seem to find it now, so when I re spool I need to find a line that doesn't sink.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sensor and Hyper Sensor here... cheap as chips and does what it sez onna tin

tincatim

Site Supporter
I’ve got a lot of confidence in Hyper Sensor for my barbel fishing. Seems mega strong and low diameter for its strength. I’ve just swapped over to normal sensor for my waggler fishing, already I prefer it to Maxima that I used for years. Glad I made the switch.

MrBen

Site Supporter
I’ve just moved from sensor for my lure fishing to yo zuri hybrid as it seems a bit tougher. For feeder work is always Preston sinking feeder and float work it’s Preston float max. Pole rigs are Preston reflo power anything from 0.09 to 0.21.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I have both Preston sinking feeder line and Guru pulse line on both my reels. Both (identical) reels have 8lb and 6lb depending on the conditions etc. The Preston is much easier to sink than the pulse line, like twice as quick. After a day's coaching however I am going to try the Matrix Horizon X as this is what he uses and remove the Guru line.
The Preston has been excellent and is what I would immediately recommend but I will come back once I have tried the Matrix for comparison.
You tart. You’ll be all decked out in Matrix gear soon, with a Jamie Harrison T Shirt.🤣🤣🤣🤣🥰🥰

SeanB

Site Supporter
More like Jamie will be wearing a t-shirt with the Munchies on it 👕😁

Reuben

Site Supporter
Sensor for me for float & feeder. Although I have some Tubertini Gorilla Feeder line on the centrepin for margin float work.