reel line

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewszpr

can anyone reccomend a good 4lb and 6lb breaking strain sinking line in bulk spool size as i only have deep spools any advice would be appreciated.

Beebs

Terry Eustace Pro Gold. I love it. you can get 1000m spools for around the 18 mark.

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Maxima? There's another one I have been using lately in a bright blue box. The line looks almost blue on the spool, quite impressed with it. Costs around 7 for 100 metres

If you don't want to spend money on a bulk spool just for the sake of it you could buy a cheap bulk spool of low diameter line to fill your spool out a bit.

Matt

Tex

I have been asking questions about line and was advised to use Berkley they do different strengths the one I have was 330yds cost me 8, if you put it on right its a good line.
Tex

TINY

Tiny
I`ll stick with the sf line because it has low diameter,low memory and low stretch[:D].And at what should be 3.99 a spool for 200mtrs,and will obviously be sold at 2.50,it is absolutely brilliant.[;)][:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

TINY

Tiny
It is speciality filaments.[;)]
They make line for certain companies who then put there own logo on it and sell it at a massive price.[:0]
The cheapest way to buy anything,is to buy it from the closest and purist point.ie...the manufacturer or the wholesaler[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
i only use preston line on my reels and pole fishing, use pro for hooklengths on fine rigs

use a thick backing line on deep spools or use the free line you get on mags etc!

Browning Hotrods 007.gif

Lid

For years I used some bulk spools of cheap german line from Veals which I bought in the late 70's. I found it great, but it's mostly run out and they only seem to do sea fishing stuff now.

To replace it I bought a pile of Mullarkey's cheap bulk spools, but tonight I found the thicknesses of the different strains to be rather odd. I have used 4lbs, 6lbs and 8 lbs and 12 lbs so far. The 4 and the 8 seem about right, but the 6 and most definitely the 12 seem far too thick for their breaking strains. I've also got 2lbs and 3lbs, but haven't checked them out yet.

I was going to use the 12 for my two new carp reels, but changed my mind as it was so thick and used it for backing instead. On top of it I put on some 10lbs Berkley Triline Big Game ultra clear which I find absolutely first class. I gonna nip and get a spool of 12lb in the same stuff tomorrow. Don't know if they do anything lighter than 8lbs though!

Lid [:)]

Charlie

ill use FAPS everest on my shimano gtm for my waggler work. and FAPS TDM for my pole rigs, or the drennan rig line, all depending. i like FAPS, i used to work for dick clegg, so i get reductions on everything. lol.

golf is a game for people who can't catch fish

TINY

Tiny
Just for those of you who don`t know, Faps have taken the place of Milo at Keenets....so if you want anything by Faps the Keenet stockists should be able to get hold of it.[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

Charlie

FAPS poles are brilliant. when i worked for dick clegg id handle all the new models from italy that had just been imported. brilliant stuff. a little on the expensive side but stiff, light and great packages. brittania angling in barnsley, a major stockist of FAPS stock all the poles. id recommend one to anyone.

a slight tanjent from reel lines, but needed to b done.

ta. Charlie

golf is a game for people who can't catch fish

stiffler

Crafty Carper !
maxima matey cant beat it 4 main line !!

happy fishing !!!!

m hewitt
<'//<

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
For a good quality cheap line thats reccomended by numerous anglers. You wont go far wrong with Diawa Sensor, bulk spools 6.00

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

slider32

Ok from my experince, I use a line called genesis in a green box, the dia is micro small (10lbs genesis is same as ultmia 4lbs line dia). I have only found it in 250M packs but retails for about 6.50 and covers all weights for course and carp fishing (1.1lbs to 22lbs)
Tight lines ppls

TIGHT LINES.

Floater

Diawa Sensor bulk for me too, dead cheap and excellent value. I spool all my reels full to the lip, use it until it is either too low or for a couple of years then wind it on to a spare spool with a bit of backing if required, and use the other end for another few years. It doesn't seem to weaken with age or go brittle but keep it in the dark when not in use.
Dave

For all angling on the Fylde see http://www.angling-northwest.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.