reel line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wes1772000

can anyone recomend any sinking main line(6lb)

its for pellet waggler fishing

cheers

pitindall

anyone used gardner hydroflo?i've just ordered some clear,5lb test stuff for my heavy float work.
i heard that it was very limp and sinks and thats what i'm looking for in a line.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Save your money buying the more expensive brands and get yourself loaded up with Mullarky's Bulk Spools: http://www.mullarkeys.co.uk/fishing/hooks-lines-and-swivels/Match-and-Feeder-Fishing-Monofilament/0/mullarkeys/

It's about the best reel line on the market in my opinion, and I've tried a lot over time, and only 2.99 for a 2oz spool [:T]

PS Mullarkys are not a paid sponsor nor have any connection with MD's, I just feel that a good product is worthy of a good recommendation [^]

Trendy Angler

Thanks for the link Dave, just ordered 3 spools of varying diameters, will report back when it arrives and offer my (not very) expert opinion.

nelson66

why would you use maxima for pellet waggler?
Maxima sinks, and you will get a better strike from a floating line

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Contrary to popular belief, you don't ALWAYS have to re-cast every 10 seconds.
On bigger, open waters when better carp are not really "'aving it",
it can pay to fish 6 feet deep and let the float drift slowly.
And if there's anything other than a wind directly behind you, that means a sinking line.

And a sinking line means Maxima, IMHO.

nobby478

miserable old ....
I use the Gardner Hydroflo, Pitindall, and I like it...very, very limp. I use it on a centrepin as mainline and I've made a fair few rigs with it too. In a back-room test it sank as quick as the old favourite Maxima Chameleon.

The other favourite is the Korum Reel Line, limp and just as quick to sink, especially after it has been dunked a bit.

With any waggler line it pays to load it onto the spool through a wet sponge with a tad of washing-up liquid on, to de-grease it.

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
I use Guru Dragline.
never been a fan of maxima.
might just get a couple spools of that M<ullarkeys stuff though Dave :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.