reel fitings

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishing_mad

hi md's,
i bought a kingfisher match rod when i first started coarse fishing and yesterday decided to use it on a farm pond for small i was using a shakespear mentor match reel i attached it to the rod and clamed up the bank to fetch a float ect.. i picked up the rod the reel fell of the fitting and bye bye reel 14 out the window i tryed to fish around with my net for it but the water was very dark and i couldnt see the bottom so dont buy one if using expensive reels good job i wasnt.

Fishing Mad[:)]

joe1987

'Darwener'
Yeah I bought 1 when I was first starting out. I like the action of it and love using it as a spinning rod for pike coz the fight is top, have to acually play the fish even if it's only about 1 pound!!! I did find problems but now ive started wrapping some gaffa/masking tape around the reel which keeps it in place even if it doesnt look great.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Last edited by a moderator:

joe1987

'Darwener'
quote:.. i picked up the rod the reel fell of the fitting and bye bye reel 14 out the window

Was the line not already running through the rod rings? Or were you just setting up? Was the reel smooth running and is it normally that cheap because im looking for a decent 1.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

Steve M

Site Supporter
Hi,
I had a similiar problem and I solved it by threading 2 x 3 inch sections of bicycle inner tube over the rod handle. These remain in place but easily slip over the legs of the reel to hold it in place.
Cheers.

fishing_mad

cheers guys and i was setting up

Fishing Mad[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.