Reel elite clothing

Cbac

Anybody have anything made by this company as Looking at a bib n brace and match jacket
But would be nice to hear from someone whos used these.

Paul.P

I've had all my clothing from these, the quality of the clothing is very very good, & the service even better, highly recommended !

Gwillim

Looks quite good to be fair but cant find any size guide as S M L XL etc could be anything as so many brands vary a lot.

Cbac

Yes will be looking to order these it says something about bespoke measurements so i presume its made to measure. Do like the look of the bait tech stuff

Paul.P

There sizes are very generous, but its best to go with there bespoke fitting service.

Cbac

Looked at the site and noticed it doesnt mention goretex anywhere but does say its guaranteed 100% waterproof

squimp

Site Supporter
‘Goretex’ is simply a brand name for a particular type of allegedly waterproof and allegedly breathable fabric. Note that there are several different grades of ‘goretex’ eg 2 layer, 3 layer, active, pro etc etc) Each is designed for different types of activity and has different levels of waterproof ness and breath ability.

there are other waterproof, breathable fabrics available that are supposed to be as good as goretex eg ‘Event’.

if you look at the websites of mountaineering suppliers (manufacturers or retailers) there is lots of detail on waterproof materials.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm sure it is decent quality regardless of the material used. If you look on the Reel Elite website and take a look at the technical drawings of the Tri-cast waterproofs they are branded on the right breast as Leon Grant Elite. Leon Grant have been going for a number of years and have a good reputation for producing good quality waterproofs for both Anglers and Shooters.

Unless you want the Tri-cast or Bait-tech clothing it might be worth giving Leon Grant a ring on either 01226 341124 or 07813 156544 . They're based in Wombwell just outside Barnsley.

Goughybagsup1

Just bought a pair of overtrousers off reel elite and they are top draw ! At half the price of goretex and perfectly waterproof. Quality gear looks great well made

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
They look good but I believe have a waterproof rating of only 10,000. To compare df30 is 20000, Drennan 25,000, Halkon Hunt (goretex) 28,000.

Goughybagsup1

They look good but I believe have a waterproof rating of only 10,000. To compare df30 is 20000, Drennan 25,000, Halkon Hunt (goretex) 28,000.
To be honest paul the issue I have with that is that I have the df30 suit 2 months old and leaks like a paper bag, one good shower of rain the water is straight through the coat its rubbish, for 2 years I had the matrix rs20k suit , I can tell you thats not 20k that leaks worse than anything ive ever seen. Cant comment on the drennan waterproofs as they are the only ones ive not had.
I have a full sensas halkon hunt suit I wear in winter here thats fantastic never leaks never had and I never expect it will I look after it as described by the care instructions.
For me how a sample piece of the fabric performed under a laboratory test is of course an indication of waterproofing but what I will say is if you use top draw fabric and make an arse out of the seams and manufacturing of the garment then its not going to be waterproof. Equally if you have your garments knocked off a production line somewhere in the back end of mongolia the chances your buying a quality garment are zero.
That said, where I'd say the difference is with Leon grant / reel elite and also with halkon hunt is your getting a truly hand made garment thats had somes care and attention to detail in its construction, for me these overtrousers are bang on , they are waterproof and I'd highly reccomend the to anyone.
Will I ever sell my halkon hunt suit, never its the best in the business in my opinion but of course comes at a price.