Reebok Prime Rage Football Boots - - - - Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkTaylor

Account locked
Hiya all,
my new football boots are RBK Prime rage copper/black blades and i have played 2 matches in them. Both matches have resulted in bad bruising on the big toe side of both feet.
I have a match tommorow and am in agony. I wanted to know does anyone else have these boots and get these problems ?
are the known for it ?

and is it the boots causing it !

tommorow i am going to wear them but re inforce my foot with bandages and straps to try and stop it hurting.

Mark

PS - Anybody got any tips on how to strap them up to minimalize injury and PAIN lol. It really hurts and i cant run like it.

MarkTaylor

Account locked
Originally posted by Cybermanc

Try getting the right size[;)]
yeah yeah heard it all mate

they ARE the right size !

anyone got any useful suggestions ?

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
maybe the front of the foot is too narrow?

It could be the that blades are designed for soft ground and the grounds not exactly soft at the moment.

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Have you tried softening the leather by maybe using something like vaseline? Just a suggestion as i remember years ago footballers used to soak their boots first. Regards Paul.[:)]

MarkTaylor

Account locked
cheers you 2

the blades are for hard ground anyway so that shouldnt be the problem, and the leather is the softest leather ive ever seen on football boots

thanks for the suggestions though guys ;)

crowder

Originally posted by MarkTaylor

cheers you 2

the blades are for hard ground anyway so that shouldnt be the problem, and the leather is the softest leather ive ever seen on football boots

thanks for the suggestions though guys ;)

Maybe there not leather, a lot of footy boots look and feel leather but arent.

My advice- got some tiempos, proper boots:D

crusty

Try wetting some newspaper, screw it up into tight balls, and pack as much as you can into the toes of your boots. Really force it in, then leave over night.
It works.

crusty

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes

They obviously AREN'T the right size or you wouldn't be having a problem. Just because you are normally a size X doesn't mean you will be for all footwear.

My boots were always a size bigger than my trainers as I wore sports socks AND footy socks to minimise blisters.

Blades AREN'T for hard ground either really as they are too firm and you get impact bruising. You should be wearing multi studs as the rubber absorbs hard impact.

If you are that keen to play tomorrow put your old pair on till the bruising has gone.

I always wore Umbro speciali's on multi stud as the leather was kangaroo skin and was VERY soft. Most blades are synthetic uppers for some reason and tear too easy.
I agree on the Tiempos too, I wore those season after season and are the only boots I consistently rebought.

MarkTaylor

Account locked

They obviously AREN'T the right size or you wouldn't be having a problem. Just because you are normally a size X doesn't mean you will be for all footwear.

My boots were always a size bigger than my trainers as I wore sports socks AND footy socks to minimise blisters.

Blades AREN'T for hard ground either really as they are too firm and you get impact bruising. You should be wearing multi studs as the rubber absorbs hard impact.

If you are that keen to play tomorrow put your old pair on till the bruising has gone.

I always wore Umbro speciali's on multi stud as the leather was kangaroo skin and was VERY soft. Most blades are synthetic uppers for some reason and tear too easy.
I agree on the Tiempos too, I wore those season after season and are the only boots I consistently rebought.

You obviously havent a clue what you are talking about. If you do a search for them they ARE for hard ground which is why they have thin sharp blades.

They fit me perfectly. I have tried 3 sizes on and these fitted best WITH footbal socks.

so dont say something you obviously have no clue about.

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
You obviously havent a clue what you are talking about. If you do a search for them they ARE for hard ground which is why they have thin sharp blades.

Why ask for advice and not take it?? Thin sharp blades will NOT cut into rock hard earth.

Having played at a level that I would imagine far exceeds yours how about listening up for a second. Just because a manufacturer STATES something doesn't necessarily make it true. Can you imagine an advert that said 'buy our boots, they're sh1t on hard ground' EXACTLY.
Oh, and since the advent of blades there have been more foot fractures and twist injuries[;)] I know as I had to pack in two years ago at 29 years old after tuning my ankle 180degs the wrong way and dislocating it. Added to the ruptured ligaments and torn muscle it hurt a touch.

Here's the problem

1. You think your boots fit
2. Manufacturer 'says' they are hard ground.

with this in mind WHY ARE YOUR FEET SORE???

You asked, I answered.

MarkTaylor

Account locked

Why ask for advice and not take it?? Thin sharp blades will NOT cut into rock hard earth.

Having played at a level that I would imagine far exceeds yours how about listening up for a second. Just because a manufacturer STATES something doesn't necessarily make it true. Can you imagine an advert that said 'buy our boots, they're sh1t on hard ground' EXACTLY.
Oh, and since the advent of blades there have been more foot fractures and twist injuries[;)] I know as I had to pack in two years ago at 29 years old after tuning my ankle 180degs the wrong way and dislocating it. Added to the ruptured ligaments and torn muscle it hurt a touch.

Here's the problem

1. You think your boots fit
2. Manufacturer 'says' they are hard ground.

with this in mind WHY ARE YOUR FEET SORE???

You asked, I answered.

Far exceeds my level ?

The school team i play for are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2007. Meaning we are the best U-15's Team in England.

So dont give me that rubbish.

The boots DO fit me and they ARE for hard ground.

Many pros use these boots on hard ground including Andriy Shevchenko and Thiery Henry.

They ARE hard ground boots and they DO fit me.

I took your advice and branded it rubbish. Thats my choice

Last edited:

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes

So why do your feet hurt?? Are you sure you wanted advice.

15 years old and knows it all, what a surprise.

I have my UEFA coaching badge and have coached a long time and dealt with this issue MANY times. Are you aware the players like Henry etc have CUSTOM MADE BOOTS TO FIT??

Being in the best team doesn't make YOU any good, perhaps 10 others carry you[;)] Come back when you have been paid to play for most of your life (like me) and have some experience under your belt.

In future, if you want help but only if the answer suits you, please post the answer you want and I'll make sure I use it.

Your boots are awesome, they WILL make you play better and are in no way responsible for your foot problem. It's just a coincidence.
Hope that answer suits you better.

MarkTaylor

Account locked

So why do your feet hurt?? Are you sure you wanted advice.

15 years old and knows it all, what a surprise.

I have my UEFA coaching badge and have coached a long time and dealt with this issue MANY times. Are you aware the players like Henry etc have CUSTOM MADE BOOTS TO FIT??

Being in the best team doesn't make YOU any good, perhaps 10 others carry you[;)] Come back when you have been paid to play for most of your life (like me) and have some experience under your belt.

In future, if you want help but only if the answer suits you, please post the answer you want and I'll make sure I use it.

Your boots are awesome, they WILL make you play better and are in no way responsible for your foot problem. It's just a coincidence.
Hope that answer suits you better.

I agree its the boots, i want to know how to make it hurt less in my match tommorow.

and if u are so qualified you know as a fact 10 people cant win the national cup carrying one **** person so dont give me that

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Why not?? United won the title carrying Rooney all last season[;)]

The best way to make them not hurt is don't wear them till your feet are better. After that, wear them for light training (jogging) then replace them for sharp turning in sprints etc. Multi studs at this time of year are a real must as 'hard ground' for blades, really means 'firm, but enough to make an imprint in the soil'.

It takes time to break the boots in as the leather (or synthetic) needs a bit of time to adjust to your foot.

If they are leather, SOAK them as this will soften them up for you.

If you are a size 11/12 and want some FREE mercurial vapours that I wore ONCE before they dislocated my ankle from a standing jump. Feel free to ask............ and YES, the ground was ROCK HARD. That's why my ankle rolled.[:(]

MarkTaylor

Account locked

Why not?? United won the title carrying Rooney all last season[;)]

The best way to make them not hurt is don't wear them till your feet are better. After that, wear them for light training (jogging) then replace them for sharp turning in sprints etc. Multi studs at this time of year are a real must as 'hard ground' for blades, really means 'firm, but enough to make an imprint in the soil'.

It takes time to break the boots in as the leather (or synthetic) needs a bit of time to adjust to your foot.

If they are leather, SOAK them as this will soften them up for you.

If you are a size 11/12 and want some FREE mercurial vapours that I wore ONCE before they dislocated my ankle from a standing jump. Feel free to ask............ and YES, the ground was ROCK HARD. That's why my ankle rolled.[:(]

Thanks mate good advice :)

and yes i am size 11 and i need some boots to replace the rbk ones for the next few weeks [:)]

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
You can have them then[:)], but remember................. they are no good for hard ground (despite them saying they are)hence three weeks on crutches and an ankle I still can't kick a ball with two years later.[:(][:D]

I wore them coz they were new, any other daqy I'd have had my mouldies on. Paid the price big time.

MarkTaylor

Account locked

You can have them then[:)], but remember................. they are no good for hard ground (despite them saying they are)hence three weeks on crutches and an ankle I still can't kick a ball with two years later.[:(][:D]

I wore them coz they were new, any other daqy I'd have had my mouldies on. Paid the price big time.

Thanks mate. I think tommorow i might wear my predators which are astros which are a safe bet as i have worn them for ages.

Thanks a lot mate. Will try soaking the boots and will slowly work them in to my matchplay when the ground softens up ;)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.