REDHOUSE DERBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev

CAN ANYONE GIVE ANY INFO ON CARP IN REHOUSE LAKE IN DERBY

Ian C

Hi and welcome to MD's

I assume your aware that this particular lake belongs to the Pride of Derby angling assoc? I plan to get a ticket for this club this year when the renewals are due [:D]

They have thier own website Here

I have a couple of mates who have fished the waters quite a lot, so as soon as I see them (this weekend), I'll try and get you more info.

Ian C

angler-mark

Welcome to the site,

As Ian C has said it belongs to Pride of Derby and is one of several lakes on the same site, there is also stretches of the river Trent and Derwent and also the Trent & Mersey canal at the same place.

I have been a member for a number of years and have fished Redhouse a number of times. It holds big Carp, Bream, Tench, Pike and Perch and Roach. It's a hard water to fish but I fish mainly for the Bream and Know that it holds very big doubles (14lbs and upwards!), but as I have said it is a very hard water and you need to be very lucky or you have to put a lot of time in to catch them. The Carp lads are on the lakes most weekends and I know of several big double that were taken this season that were over 28lbs and also a couple of 30's came out. They fish with boilies for the Carp and have caught double figure bream on them, which don't seem to interest them lol, but that's the only reason I fish it.

Tight Lines

Mark

ev

cheers guys thanks for the help,any info that you can get would be great!!![:D]will keep an eye out for any more info and hope that a may see you there in the future, by the way is there night fishing and are there any bizzar rules at the club![?]

regards, EV

Ian C

I've had a word with my mate and he says similar to Mark. He reckons that there are 20 to 30 or more big carp in there ranging from 22lbs upwards.
He knows of someone who has had them in the 24lb, 25lb and 29lb range last year.
Not sure, but this may be one of the waters that is shared with the Railway? As a result, I don't think its being stocked like the other lakes?

Look forward to seeing you both next season [8D]

Ian C

angler-mark

Hi EV,
Yes you can fish nights and the only rule is no live baits of any kind, there is a stretch of the Trent that is partly the Pride and as Ian says partly the Railway. These two clubs are sometimes at odds but they do stock the lakes and there are plenty of fish to go at. The Pride ticket is around 30 a year but it covers a vast ammount of water and is worth every penny. Just have a look at their website. The Trent stretch has some big Carp,Chub,pike,Roach,Barbel and Perch. Archie Braddock fishes there often and most of his big fish have come from the Pride waters. [:)][:)][:)]

Tight Lines

Mark

Ian C

Hi guys,

Have either of you fished the pool at Coopers Arms in Weston?

The reason I ask is I'm going there for the first time tomorrow and wondered what to expect. I'll be targeting the carp, but cannot use boilies because they are banned I think [:)]

Ian C

Status
Not open for further replies.