Red Letter Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryC

Well I wasnt expecting this but fished my local canal today and Hammered Em!
started at about 1 o clock feeding a bit of liquidised bread hoping for a roach or two on the punch, got them and then realised there were some bigger fish in my swim.
mixed up some groundbait with pinkies chopped worm and caster and put in a couple of golf balls.redworm on hook and two chucks later a 4lb plus bream is in the net,then my first ever Ide, about 4.5lb a beautiful fish.It continued all afternoon finished with 8 bream to over 5lb plus the ide and a few roach and a perch.
Approximately 40 -45 lb of fish in 6 hours from the cut.
What an afternoon im really glad I came back to REAL fishing after a few years fluff chucking,this has really gladdened my heart.
Oh and another thing, they were all caught on waggler as well because my back was playing up and I didnt fancy holding the pole out all afternoon.[8D][8D][8D]
Why did I ever sell my tackle allthose years ago[:eek:)][:eek:)]
Good to be back though.
Photos to follow.[:T]
Gary

Last edited:

thorne

Those days stay with you for the rest of your life tresure them, remember them and smile.

Even better natural - Althougha canal is not offically natural.

It's as good as - Great catch well - Same time next season !

Malc Thorne

The_Sogster

Stick and 'Pin
Well done on a fantastic day.
Looks like the old skills haven't deserted you, heres to a few more.

supersuperleeds

Canal fishing can be brilliant. Our local cut is full of quality fish, biggest problem is the bloody boats in the summer.

owencourse1

Welcome back to the fold Gary. A cracking day one you will remember for a long time to come.

Cheers

Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.