Recommendations for a well stocked venue Birmingham or Midlands Area

Chitterlings & Hodge

Hi All

Looking for some recommendations for a well stocked venue around Birmingham or Midlands Area.

I'm taking a pal fishing that has not been for a long time and I'd like to take him to a venue where there's a good chance he will get a bend in his rod. I appreciate that it might not be the best time of year , weather, temperature etc; hence why I'd like to find a well stocked venue to improve his chances of catching.

I've not lived in Birmingham/Midlands area for a long time so not up to speed with fishing venues in the area so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

Ian

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Woodland View is nearer to you in Worcs isn't it @Lee Richards? :LOL: I used to get there in 45 minutes from Acocks Green down the motorway though, and Moorlands Farm is just down the road too. I reckon Woodlands would be the easier venue though, there's others in the South Birmingham area like Packington but that can be difficult over winter. Tunnel Barn Farm was always close to me too, another option, Woodland is stuffed full of fish though.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I love that road that Moorlands and Woodland are just off... the A449... it runs all the way past my village of Kinver now. They have just put an average speed check of 50mph in the area.

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Hi All

Looking for some recommendations for a well stocked venue around Birmingham or Midlands Area.

I'm taking a pal fishing that has not been for a long time and I'd like to take him to a venue where there's a good chance he will get a bend in his rod. I appreciate that it might not be the best time of year , weather, temperature etc; hence why I'd like to find a well stocked venue to improve his chances of catching.

I've not lived in Birmingham/Midlands area for a long time so not up to speed with fishing venues in the area so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all in advance

Ian
The Midlands covers a large area!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
The Midlands covers a large area!
There's a joke in my house that everywhere takes an hour to get to, no matter where we're going, now we live slightly in the sticks. That's because it's 30 minutes to get to the M5 or M42. When I lived in Birmingham I was only 10 minutes from the M42 so could get to Nottingham in an hour.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I should have said Packington used to be hard in winter. Seems to be better now as when I fished it was before it had F1s. (y)

Chitterlings & Hodge

I should have said Packington used to be hard in winter. Seems to be better now as when I fished it was before it had F1s. (y)

Packington Somers I would recommend.
Cheers Jononcb & Zerkalo,

I was considering Packington, I used to go Pike fishing there when I was a kid with my Dad. Used to fish the gravel pits just down to the left as you went down the track. I don't think they are there any more I believe they have been filled in.

Would you recommend a certain lake there?

Thanks again

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not sure at the moment as it's been so long since I've fished it unfortunately. I used to do well on the big Geary's lake and would always try and get on that, always found the smaller lakes more difficult, but I think they've been filled with F1s since then judging by youtube videos so they might be the best bet, but there are a lot to choose from! Hopefully someone who fishes it these days can help. (y)

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Hi All

Thanks all in advance

Ian
Go to Packington Somers. Maggot feeder and you will have a few F1s. Try and fish Molands on the point. 44/45/46 are the pegs. Monday or Fridays are normally free from matches. 124lb won the open today, pellet on the waggler. Willow and Little Gearys also good on the Maggot feeder. Need to get fairly tight into the islands. The F1s are big now in most of the lakes.
John the head bailiff will put your right. Top bloke.
Meadowlands is a great venue but can be tough in the winter. Bomb and bread on lambsdown or bomb and 10m wafter on Warren. Spent many Winters fishing both of these venues before my move down to Devon. Hope this helps.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Account Locked
If coming from Brum then Woodlands View is a good option as its M5 and get off at Wychbold,then by Droitwich for the Fishery.
You can rejoin the M5 at Wychbold or Worcester.

Or take the A449 from Stourbridge and you have the options of Larford or Moorlands.
Then carry on the A449 to Worcester and back onto the M5