recommend me a rod for floater fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemphead2

hemphead2
I am after a rod for floater fishing for carp on my club waters in the summer evenings.

I am not after a out and out poker stiff carp rod but a more subtle through action rod of around 1 1/4 test curve.This could also double up as a barbel/tench rod if the need arises.

I have looked at the shakespeare mach 2 barbel rod that comes with a standard and quiver top which i am tempted with.

My budget is 60 max.

Are there any other rods out there that would fit the bill?

Last edited:

neilpeel71

had a more expensive avon/quiver rod stolen and got a Ron Thompson Godfather Avon/quiver as an interim measure. Cost 20.00(currently 29.99) so was going to suffice until i got a fancy new rod. Never did get that new rod..... more than capable and has tamed decent barbel and tons of surface caught carp right into the 20s. Worth the money IMO and would leave you a few quid spare.

big bream

scott
Originally posted by hemphead2

I am after a rod for floater fishing for carp on my club waters in the summer evenings.

I am not after a out and out poker stiff carp rod but a more subtle through action rod of around 1 1/4 test curve.This could also double up as a barbel/tench rod if the need arises.

I have looked at the shakespeare mach 2 barbel rod that comes with a standard and quiver top which i am tempted with.

My budget is 60 max. my club erm ya not a member till june stop poaching my feeeecking weirton

Are there any other rods out there that would fit the bill?
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:W][:W][:W]

hemphead2

hemphead2
i've narrowed it down to 2 rods. tf gear 11' foot intruder barbel or the shakespeare mach 2 barbel.

What should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.