Recipe wanted for 'special' method mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philocalist

Long story short, I may have to fish at distance (70 - 100m) with a large feeder, into water that will have a good current. Species there are likely to be the usually culprits, and probably a bit bigger than usual.
I have gear that is up to the job of chucking a large loaded feeder that sort of distance ... what I need now please are some recommendations / recipes for a method-type mix that will hold the feeder during a very vigourous cast, then hit the river bottom intact, rather than start to fall off mid-air or disintegrate on impact with the water.
Obviously, it needs to adhere to the feeder better than Evostick, and slow break-down time is unlikely to be an issue due to the currents involved ... and I really want this to be useable as a method-mix, not stuffed into some sort of cage feeder or PVA bag etc! [:D]
Maybe I'm being naive and asking too much ... NEVER fished the method before![:D]

Just a thought, but does anyone have (a seperate) suggestion to make for a mix with the same properties, also used on a method feeder, but that is PVA friendly?
Ta![:T]

mudhead

Vitalin may be your answer. I have never used it on the method, only balled it into the river but once balled up you could have played cricket with it.

Just add some hot water, about a pint per kilo. I added a bit of molasses to give flavour and help bind it. Its cheap so you have plenty of room for experiment.

Josh114

vitalin will stick to the line no need for a method feeder lol
you can mould it around a bomb aswell but when on method feeder it sticks extrmely well

Philocalist

Any thoughts about what to add in to a vitalin-based mix to spice it up a bit? ... species mix is completely unknown ... reasonably large river, plenty of current, so could be any or all of the usual suspects!

Status
Not open for further replies.