Really?

Flathead

Site Supporter
From Northants post

take advantage of the of places quietening down when only the 'genuine' angling enthusiasts are on the bank.

I don't know about other parts of the country but there are thousands of pegs available in the Fens all year round,apart from the close season of course because most of them are on the rivers and drains and very few people want fish them.
Indeed

This morning I drove down the Great Ouse from Ely to Denver

Apart from a small match near Ely and a much larger match at Littleport the banks were virtually empty. There were a few anglers near Modney Bridge, and a few more here and there, there were hundreds of easily accessible pegs empty.....This on a Sunday, in good weather and when the river has been fishing very well.

I would bet that nearly all the local rivers and drains would have been just as deserted.

Midweek you will hardly see anyone.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Sorry Ken when you said 500,000 I thought you were talking about the impact on the whole of the UK.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
There will always be regional differences but I think my experience of the "boom" which I have discussed with others in the trade is repeated across the mainland so it will be interesting to see how many stick through next year.