Really cannot be bothered

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
SWMBO gave me a pass to fish any day this weekend, every day in fact but to be honest I just cannot be bothered to load my gear in the car. I put my gear away after a week at Eye Kettleby and have not bothered to look at is since.

I am really thinking about packing it all in, I only fish at places where I can park my car behind my peg due to arthritis in both hips and I have lost my mojo.

TheFarr

I had a few years break from fishing due to not having the time and mojo when my little one was born. Back at it now and cant get enough of it.
Just have a good break from it and put it to the back of your mind while you focus your attentions elsewhere on other things that make you happy. It'll come back to you eventually im sure. If it doesn't then that'll probably be due to you now having other things in your life that you enjoy doing so its a win win situation, always do what makes you happy.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dont give it up Geoff. Simply have a break from it. You got any other hobbies pal ? ?

I do not fish during the winter (bad hips) and I play crown green bowls during the period April - September 3 evenings a week.

Corn Master

Haven't fished for 3 weeks due to rain and a real bad back but went on today. Just having an outing on the bank with some mates. We were on the canals at a venue near me where there was a match on the other side...we bagged up. Wouldn't want to have been sitting across from us today. Caught that much I broke my clicker. Tho I have to say, 3 weeks off I forgot where everything was. Good to be back

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I do think variety is the key to keeping going. Don’t think I could ever lose my need to fish as I’m borderline addicted but I do like to mix up where and how I fish to keep things fresh.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Haven't fished for 3 weeks due to rain and a real bad back but went on today. Just having an outing on the bank with some mates. We were on the canals at a venue near me where there was a match on the other side...we bagged up. Wouldn't want to have been sitting across from us today. Caught that much I broke my clicker. Tho I have to say, 3 weeks off I forgot where everything was. Good to be back
Wrightington,? I was on there some weeks ago and one canal fished a lot better than the other. Even the end pegs did not produce. Same with the Cunneries.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I decided i needed a break, I would get everything ready for the followig day, then not bother going, I put it diwn to all the gear i was taking just for a few hours pleasure fishing, Box, barrow, pole, rollers, roosts, rods etc. By the time i had loaded the car then got to venue, and unloaded it, I was getting fed up, So i took a bit if time out, and decided i would not take as much tackle next time out, even to a match, I was taking 80 pole rigs and 16 metre pole and load of topkits and 3 rollers to venues when it was feeder/ float depending on peg and short margin pole, I started to enjoy it more and framed a bit more,

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
You wint let it lie will you mate. Faulity lens?
Mick I do not blame you for the photo. Just saying the pole you want is deceased, it is a dead pole, no longer in existence.