Ready rod holdall - recommendations please

Paul_T

Hi,

Having returned to fishing after a long break I am slowly renewing my gear. I have been feeder fishing on large natural venues and would like a ready made holdall which ideally would fit in the following:

2 x made up distance master rods with large reels (Daiwa TDR Distance 25QD)
2 x made up short range rods with 3000 or 4000 size reels
1 x umbrella
1 x long feeder rest
Distance sticks (2 short rod rests in my case :giggle:)
Long landing net handle

I would like to fit the above in as a minimum, if it can take additional made up rods then even better.

Many thanks,
Paul

Triune

Site Supporter
Preston innovations feeder range worth a look. I have the 4 rod version but they also do a 6 rod,plus they have 3 side pockets.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Preston's have a range of rod holdalls which may suit. Also Browning's Xitan range rod keeper holdalls (these will hold all the gear you have listed, but do not have a semi/rigid aspect for upright storage as others like the Preston, and Daiwa ones which cost a little more. The Brownings offerings at 1.7 and 1.9meters in length have external pockets/straps for feeder tips/umbrellas. I like the Preston competition one (1.9 metres) as it allows you to stagger rod storage for different rod lengths for up to 4 rods, but while they will take a landing net pole and your distance sticks getting an umbrella in there as well may be a bit of a squeeze.

I have my 12'6 2Cast'izm rod, a 10ft Shimano Speedmaster, and a 10'6" TDM commercial float rod in one of Daiwa's equivalent offerings and that's maxed out with 3 rods but good big reel storage space like the others

Simon R

Site Supporter
The 4 rod Preston Supera (190cm) will take all that you specified with the possible exception of the brolly (depends how bulky it is when folded down)

On holiday recently I was limited as to what I could take, so just took the Supera and, without trying too hard, got a pair of 12' rods, 10m margin pole, a brace of top kits, landing net pole, feeder arm and banksticks in it.

I think they do a six rod version too but it's a big and very bulky bit of kit.

Simon

Paul_T

Thanks for the responses guys.

Has anyone any experience of using the Guru or Matrix versions? Thanks

Billy bonds

Hi,

Having returned to fishing after a long break I am slowly renewing my gear. I have been feeder fishing on large natural venues and would like a ready made holdall which ideally would fit in the following:

2 x made up distance master rods with large reels (Daiwa TDR Distance 25QD)
2 x made up short range rods with 3000 or 4000 size reels
1 x umbrella
1 x long feeder rest
Distance sticks (2 short rod rests in my case :giggle:)
Long landing net handle

I would like to fit the above in as a minimum, if it can take additional made up rods then even better.

Many thanks,
Paul
I have the map parabolix layflat,8 tube holdall...
Carries four ready made rods,and one full 16 m pole with top kits(7)
Room for umbrella ,bait tray brolly...£135,
Recently replaced,
Easy to get the stuff out,just bought as other holdall was too small.
20210930_145248.jpg