Ready Rod Bags/holdalls ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why do Ready Rod Bags for two rods have both reels next to each other?

Serious question. If the rods and reel lay opposing each other, ie butt to tip, and there was a pouch at either end of the rod bag for a reel, the bag would be slimmer to carry, be more balanced, and to some degree one rod would protect the other as you'll have the butt end of one rod lined up with the thinner mid sections of the other rod.

Or am I missing something?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The Mosella hard cases are parallel so you can have one rod up and one down the old Preston 1+1 and 2+2 were staggered in a fixed lower position with a long reel slot, and the Daiwa stuff has one with adjustable butt holders so you can position them to avoid "reel rattle"

Louis D

Site Supporter
No arguments here, I have an old Maver 2 rod bag that is almost as big as my PI Supera 4 rod holdall. I think the Matrix 2 rod one has opposing rods, I didn't think ithe 4 rod one had so much protection so went down the PI route. Pleased so far after 6 months or so.

lliopp

Site Supporter
Go green, a few of the carp centric firms sell items suspiciously like your suggestion.

rudd

Site Supporter
Why do Ready Rod Bags for two rods have both reels next to each other?

Serious question. If the rods and reel lay opposing each other, ie butt to tip, and there was a pouch at either end of the rod bag for a reel, the bag would be slimmer to carry, be more balanced, and to some degree one rod would protect the other as you'll have the butt end of one rod lined up with the thinner mid sections of the other rod.

Or am I missing something?
Which way round would you put them in car / van or storage?