Ready rod bag

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
After contemplating the idea I've decided to go for it really like the idea of a faster set up, I've always been the holdall n tubs type but I can see many advantages of the ready set up, I've been gifted for my birthday enough to concider the following.

Any one have any views good or bad, all input gratefully recived

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
If you don't need more than 4 rods then the Daiwa tournament 2+2 feeder holdall is very good for the money. Accommodates 4 rods all with mini pit (5500) type reels easily.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
After contemplating the idea I've decided to go for it really like the idea of a faster set up, I've always been the holdall n tubs type but I can see many advantages of the ready set up, I've been gifted for my birthday enough to concider the following.

I have the Supera 4 rod hodall. The protection tube is flimsy. Plenty of room and it keeps the rods separated. Like the fact the compartments are staggered for longer and smaller rods is good. Overall 7/10

I had a Drennan hardcase before, the protection was a lot better.
Look at the Drennan before you buy anything.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
It has to be angleing direct as at least half the cash is a voucher, this is what I'm looking to put in it 15ft 14ft 11ft float rod a whip with flick tip and elasticated top and one feeder rod 10ft 10in. That's my usual river inventory, and a floating space for 16ft float or another feeder rod or two depending on what i plan on doing. My nearest ad is 2 hours so its mail order hence the need for some hands on input.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
It has to be angleing direct as at least half the cash is a voucher, this is what I'm looking to put in it 15ft 14ft 11ft float rod a whip with flick tip and elasticated top and one feeder rod 10ft 10in. That's my usual river inventory, and a floating space for 16ft float or another feeder rod or two depending on what i plan on doing. My nearest ad is 2 hours so its mail order hence the need for some hands on input.
I presume the 11' rod and the 10'10" rods are 2 piece ?
How many sections are the others, ?
I have a 3 piece 15' with a 2' extension to take it to 17'. I have a PI 1 + 1 hardcase holdall, I have that in it and another shorter rod, I do not have the reels on them. It is 185cm long and it is a dead fit with the 15' rod.
The holdalls are designed to hold 1 rod of 11' possibly 12' (both 2 piece) and a 10' 2 piece rod, with reels attached.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@warrington63 yes the 11x2 and 10 10 are two peice the 13, 14, 15, 16 are 3 peice the whip is normal, this time of year one quiver rod 13, 14, 15 float rods and a whip, leaving space for another quiver or a long or short float rod, that depends on what or where I'm going. Normally set up three float rods either stick/bolo and waggler and a whip, quiver as back up. But if I go all out feeder fishing 2 x 12 ft 2 peice and 11ft phew how did this get so complicated, whip and most of the float stuff stays at home. Clear as mud. Think it's the 6 rod preston at 190cm. I may have answered this myself. As long as it's up to the job.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The 1 + 1 is ok, it's just lining the reels up correctly, my mate sold his and got the 2 + 2 to carry 2 rods,
The 190cm Holdall should be ok

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
I'm hoping if I can stagger it ok and with the whip being in a rod slot I can attach the reels or at least my most used rods, is it a good idea to get rod bands or top n tails or both ?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I'm hoping if I can stagger it ok and with the whip being in a rod slot I can attach the reels or at least my most used rods, is it a good idea to get rod bands or top n tails or both ?
Mine have butt n tip protectors, the PI has pouches where rods fit in and velcro straps to hold in place .

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the Preston Supera

Used it on holiday last year and took two made up rods, a pole and a tube of top kits plus a brolly, landing net pole, feeder arm and a couple of banksticks. In normal usage I've had five rods in it before which is OK providing you don't use stupidly large reels.

I notice they've now brought out a 6-rod version of the same thing and was looking at it in the local tackle shop last week - it's a big bit of kit and I should imagine rather heavy if you filled it.

If it had been available when I bought the 4-rod version I'd probably have gone for the 6 rod one - after all you don't have to fill it on every trip - but no doubt will 'just in case' :p

Simon

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Simon my thoughts exactly, when the birthday tokens are all accounted for ad have them for 120 the 6 rod version is what I'm going for reel wise 4000 size or my trusty 1657dm and 3000 size or the 125m 123m so not to big.

Rick123

Site Supporter

When you say rods made up, does that mean with a reel and line threaded on? I only ask as rods are so thin and fragile now days, is it worth the risk of a broken tip? Or are the tips protected in some way I don't know of Buddy?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have the Daiwa Airity ones. Very good quality. Bit on the expensive side but, they’ll last years.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
@Rick123 yes reel on line threaded with a tip and but protector on and in the rod holdall the buts slot into compartment and the rod is held in place with velcro straps I'll take some photos if want mate.