Ready made pellets?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Around £9 for 2 kilo of bait all ready to put on your method feeder. I know some of the weight is in the pellets being soaked, but they seem a good deal. 2 kilo of non prepared is around the same price? The pre-soaked are also flavoured, so I think they are a decent deal guys. Has anyone given them a proper go yet?

ShaolinOutlaw

I bought a tub from Spotted fin to try about 8-9 months ago and used them, I really didn't get on with them myself, using them with a method feeder, hybrid feeder and pellets feeder they felt once pushed into the feeder like I was using play-doh! would lose shape and tun into a play-doh mush, not for me personally.

But I feel better soaking my own pellets and adding flavour or colour and getting them the way I need them to be on the day but that's just me personally. For £9 they are worth a try, you might like how they are more than me.

|I watched the Spotted Finn youtube video of Jamie Hughes bigging them up and there's no way he uses them over normal pellets.

PAB

Site Supporter
I have been giving the spotted Finn ready method pellets a go fore the last few months and I cannot fault them.

MartinWY

Site Supporter
I've only recently started using pellets, so I found an online price for bulk which seems to be around £10-12 for 5kg, considerably cheaper than £9 for 2kg. I think they were a brand called skrettings or coppens?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong I'm not sure, but I've been using 4mm pellets for the hybrid feeder and I just put a bit of lake water in the tub, give it a shake and then drain it. They seem to work ok, soft enough to press to the feeder, but not mushy.

What is the advantage of the pre-wetted pellets over the above?

I literally started on pellets only a few weeks ago, so well open to being educated on the subject.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
If you want really good pre-prepared pellets try the So Simple Baits range, google them for info. The RTG (ready to go) micros mould perfectly every time, and come in various colours. 👍🏼🎣

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Really not worth paying that for pre-wetted pellets when they are so easy to prepare.
£3.99 for a kilo of cell micros, even cheaper for Ringers, and cheaper still for some unbranded.

cover your 2mm in water and leave for 30 seconds, drain/shake and leave to stand for 15 minutes, perfect.
Can also soak for 2 minutes if you want, but you'll need to leave them to stand for longer still, also a softer, more swollen pellet at the end.