read des taylors column in angling times this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs11

he's not happy people dont like the rubbish he writes.

his words as follows -

"but the recent stick isnt confined to the angling times letters pages - the internet has been having a blast too.

personally , i dont use the web because i have far more interesting things to do, but it does worry me that these angling sites allow people to get so personal

i often wonder what kind of individual would be writing late at night in his bedroom about des taylor- why would he do that ? "

if they've got their mouse in one hand, whats in the other?"

in case anyone else would like to comment to the angling times on mr taylors attitude to the internet and us folk who use it, the editors email is - richard.lee@emap.com

i already have

scoob

[:(!]

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Scoobs

Just recieved your mail mate & i personnaly can't see anything wrong with your post so i for one will leave it as it is.

Oh & for the record i do agree with your sentiments.

Alan

I'll have a fiver on the black un

MALC

Scoobs be honest though his comments are directed at the TF site which as we all know is infested with a lot of problems no moderation and a lot of idiots.

Don't get me wrong though there are some good posters on there.[;)]

And as for the language nuff said.

There have been a lot of posts on TF that have been both libellous and slanderous in the past and i find it amazing the DH still allows it to run as it has realy put his name in a bad light.

Just my opinion though [;)][;)]

Regards his comments in this weeks AT they have done their job and got people reading and talking full marks to him for that.

It's the same as some thing on telly that you dont like you always have the choice to switch it off.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Zinky

Grumpy
Des who ????
Lines just to justify the fee ?? or somthing along those lines

"I blame Trogg for everthing"
Website http://www.skrinkle.co.uk

scoobs11

malc , its not just that the mans thick.

if he has a problem with a web site why cant he come out and say it ?
instead he insults everyone on the net ?

he says in another part of his column that putting fish in a keepnet is the same as fox hunting !!!!!

MALC

I know what you mean Scoobs but must admit that i dont really read his column these days as in the past i came to dislike his way of writing.

But i've met and spoke to him on a few occasions on the bank and he come's across a bit different to his written word.

Although when i've seen him at tackle shows he tends to have the same attitude as when he writes.

Malc

scoobs11

glad to say i've never met him and will be happy if i never do.

angling times are always sticking up for him by saying "well he's controversial" he's not he's just talking rubbish to annoy people .

i could get people at work talking about me if i ran around naked but thats not to say thats a good thing !!!!

ok troggy before you say it, i know i'd never do it.

theres no way you'd catch me running

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't see anything wrong with the post either Scoobs,

At the end of the day the web is a form of media that is still in it's early days and is growing. Opinions and discussions can and do take place on the net in forums and chatrooms and that is part of the attraction.
There does become an issue as we have all experienced at some time or another when an opinion is cast with little thought of the consequences to either the website where posted or the individual or group/s that it is directed at. That is unavoidable unless total moderation is imposed and all posts are vetted before being allowed. To do this costs mega bucks as someone will need to be there 24/7 monitoring every post in order to keep it 'live' and there's not many sites that have the time or resources to do that [:)]

So many sites rely on goodwill and part-time moderators who often work for the love of it (Cheers Alan, Peter & Stu [:)]) and depend on the responsible nature of their members when it comes to posting to keep any problems down to a minimum.

When a site starts to get out of hand and it's posters run amock then I can agree with Des's point of view but when it is responsibly run then I can't see it being a problem.
'Don't knock it till you try it' comes to mind.

One thing that we try to maintain is that when a thread or post is directed at an individual or body such as the NFA as an example, we try to invite that person/body in to the thread to be able to respond. Perhaps an invite is in order ?

Des where are you [:D] ??

There is a side issue as well and one that has been picked up upon on several occasions and that is as the web expands, and information becomes readily and freely available, along with interactivity at the touch of a few keys - is there a need to spend a 1 on a magazine or paper?
Just a thought [;)]

Regards, Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well Done Lads,
Richard Lee (one of the better editors,to take the helm of Angling Times in recent years IMHO ) must be rubbing his hands with glee.
Yet again DT has earned his money,and with a couple of hundred well chosen words,has kept the A/Times in the spotlight!

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

scouse

'River Man'
hi malc
t/f must be allowed to say on the net
because if it were to be taken off them n/heads
would come on here,
i was on t/f(no im not a n/head lol) but the forums got out of hand,
glad i found this one[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

MALC

LOL
Scouse never a truer word (although i still visit now and again) it tends to go in fits and starts on there you'll get a few good days then the idiot jumps back in again.

Some of the better posters are now regulars on here.[:D][:D]

At least Dave and the Mod's keep this house in order which is why i like it so much.(creep creep)

Keep it up Dave and Crew and the Regulars to..

Scouse in the process of sorting the other e-mail for you [;)]

Malc

G

Ermmm whats the TF site ?????.

Can some one send me the address so i can have a butchers at it.
No comment on DT,, got the publicity going again tho has'nt he

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Last edited:

scoobs11

"theres no such thing as bad publicity"

there is if it stops people buying your paper !!!!!!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:"theres no such thing as bad publicity"

there is if it stops people buying your paper !!!!!!

Scoobs,I can see where you are coming from,But this sort of thing generally generates more readers than it looses a paper.
I doubt that many people who are regular readers actually buy it for the contents of Des Taylors column.
In my experience the vast majority buy/read it for the coverage of their particular area of the sport.

For my part that's the match reports/clubman section.Others for the specimen (carp,pike,barbel or whatever the latest cult species is),sea or trout content.

It's always had it's fair share of controvercial writers.
Some of the late Richard Walkers articles generated absolute outrage at the time,and reams of letters to the letters page,although he he is now widly regarded as one of "The Greats".
(and NO i'm not trying to put DT up there on a level with RW)

Peter.

scoobs11

(and NO i'm not trying to put DT up there on a level with RW)

good

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Scoobs,I can see where you are coming from,But this sort of thing generally generates more readers than it looses a paper.

And to think I nearly went out and bought a copy to see what he had written [8)]

[:p] Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh!!!! You Little Liar [:0]
You know full well that you wait to nick Stu's [:p][:D]

Peter.

scoobs11

or just stand in the newsagents reading it