Reaction videos

Sportsman

Site Supporter
I browse a lot of music vids on you tube and recently came across what they call reaction videos where people film themselves listening to music that they hadn't heard before and react to it.
A lot of them are rubbish and obviously staged but some are genuine. I find it interesting to watch young people listening to bands like Pink Floyd or Queen, having never heard anything like it before. It is fun watching them getting their gobs smacked. It also shows the gulf between the quality of that music and the rubbish they are used to listening to. I just watched a young guy listening to Pink Floyd play Comfortably Numb live at the pulse concert and he was truly lost for words when it finished. He was really emotional. I think that I am lucky to have had the opportunity to see most of these great bands live.

rodring

Account Locked
I browse a lot of music vids on you tube and recently came across what they call reaction videos where people film themselves listening to music that they hadn't heard before and react to it. A lot of them are rubbish and obviously staged but some are genuine. I find it interesting to watch young people listening to bands like Pink Floyd or Queen, having never heard anything like it before. It is fun watching them getting their gobs smacked. It also shows the gulf between the quality of that music and the rubbish they are used to listening to. I just watched a young guy listening to Pink Floyd play Comfortably Numb live at the pulse concert and he was truly lost for words when it finished. He was really emotional. I think that I am lucky to have had the opportunity to see most of these great bands live.
Watched a few on Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence . Some had heard the original Paul Simon version some hadn't. Same result blew all of them away, the look on their faces as the song progressed priceless.

Zerkalo

For me there was plenty of good music up until the 90s even in the mainstream now it's mostly computerised rubbish! I say computerised rubbish as a fan of lots of electronic music, though most of my favourite music is from the 70s and 80s rare groove and soul. Think that young people into music still listen to that a lot, even a lot of jazz like myself. Saying that, Radio 2 is what I have on in the car and it's 70% new stuff with the occasional oldie thrown in. Problem is now everything is on youtube you don't have to search for stuff anymore, it's all free, no record crate digging.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Aaaah gone are the happy daze spent in the record shop, in a booth with a pair o' cans wedged on yer bonce and listening to "Budgie" or "Yes" or "Pink Floyd" bit o' The Sensational Alex Harvey Band"..... boppin or tappin away away to the rythm doing yer best Ginger Baker impersonation or playing air guitar with yer eyes screwed shut and head thrown back, livin in the moment....... :love::ROFLMAO:

bloody kids.... dunno they're born these days..... yoof a t'day... mutter... mutter... spoilt brats.... Mutter Mutter.... Want everything yesterday.... mutter.... mutter..... want a bloody good kick up the arse... mutter mutter:mad::devilish:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I do quite like those reaction videos, interesting how they do them with every generation so you get all sorts of opinions and what not.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Half are attention seekers. Today’s 16-24yr olds live for social media attention

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Half are attention seekers. Today’s 16-24yr olds live for social media attention
There seems to be an overwhelming desire for attention, be it in the form of a "Like" or "Friend request" and it seems that parts of the population need to spend every bit of their time logging every moment of their lives in the forlorn hope someone shows approval, as if to validate some sad little desire to be approved or thought better of....:unsure:

davepellet

you're not wrong drynets, a few years ago me & some mates went to see Arctic Monkeys and there were people there filming it on their phones, presumably so they could post it on the internet to show the world what a great time they were having, rather than actually having that great time and just remembering it at a later date.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’m going to go to a concert and video it. I’ll watch it then when I get home.