re-eleasiticating poles D.I.Y or pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiny Tim

Hi everyone just a question for you more seasoned anglers out there.
Purchased my first pole last year and it came with 3top kits already eleasticated. Now i would like the eleastics changing. I have seen the diagrams etc and does not look that difficult. Or do you think it would be wise to get them proffesionally done at my local tackle shop? Afterall i would hate to keep looseing fish!

scouse

'River Man'
hi tiny
do it yourself
its easy[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Jeff

This might be of some help http://www.floatsgone.btinternet.co.uk/basics/rods.htm
It really is easy.

Tight Lines.

Tiny Tim

Thanks Jeff i will have a crack at it myself now thanks for the advice!
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

This might be of some help http://www.floatsgone.btinternet.co.uk/basics/rods.htm
It really is easy.

Tight Lines.

BradleyLad

Hi Tiny,
I was in the same boat as you, buying a pole last year already elasticated. Over christmas I decided to change both the elastics in my top two sections. It was really easy but the only thing I would point out is to make sure you finish up with the elastic tight enough to the bush when done. I worked out that six inches was needed to ensure this made it snap back down the pole when not stretched. Try it yourself, I did and it worked fine.
Cheers
Matt

martin.

Account Locked
i normally atach lacy to bug end first then you can set the tension easier by tying the stonflo at required place.
NOTE if you use tensioner bungs the above advice is irrelavant

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

EJAYAR

I always do my own even if it is offered free with a new kit, that way I get it how I prefer it. I usually pre-strech the elastic through my fingers before actually running it through the sections. This helps in two ways, firstly it stops the annoying "limp elastic" thing hanging out of the pole after the first time you hook a decent fish. Secondly it quickly finds nicks or bad sections of elastics before it is all set up which might be missed otherwise.

TINY

Tiny
Alright Tim,take your time and do it yourself.Its asy enough and you can do it to your spec.

Andy.

SammyClegg

Hi Tim
I took the advice of some of the more seasoned posters and did 3 tops myself last week. Much more rewarding and you know they are done right!! Just had 3 cracking chub on one of the power top 2s, no problems.(River Dearne Barnsley).

SammyClegg

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get yourself some "Tensioner Bungs" [:)][;)]

One like the Preston's Storabung is ideal.

Not only does this allow you to adjust the tension, But quite often the first bit of elastic to wear is up by the "stonfo".
By storing a few extra turns of elastic on the bung,it allows you to trim off the last couple of worn inches and retie your "stonfo" without scrapping a whole topkits worth of elastic.[:)]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.