ravenfield ponds

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
just joined this club so tried one of the club ponds with daughter for a few hours set up pole for me whip for daughter
tried some new groundbait mainline cell with some micro pellets
fishing quite close in with maggot could see fish swirling around I think they where ide but not sure new fish for me daughter got a few perch on whip and I was missing bites on pole rig too deep ended catching roach perch odd skimmer and my first ide missed lots of bites will have to try with shorter rigs next time

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
just joined this club so tried one of the club ponds with daughter for a few hours set up pole for me whip for daughter
tried some new groundbait mainline cell with some micro pellets
fishing quite close in with maggot could see fish swirling around I think they where ide but not sure new fish for me daughter got a few perch on whip and I was missing bites on pole rig too deep ended catching roach perch odd skimmer and my first ide missed lots of bites will have to try with shorter rigs next time
Go on Kingfisher next time you take your daughter Chris, only Rudd Tench and Crucians on there. (y)

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
ok thanks fished the last pond burcliffe have tried new pond but struggled for bites but was colder weather

davepellet

Only fished burcliffe twice but had some nice fish out, tench mostly, but kingfisher is my favourite but some of the pegs are very deep close in and I’m not a fan of very deep pegs... However you’ll get good tench and lots of crucians very close in. Superb water and already regretting not renewing my permit this year...

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
should be used to deep water after flask I'm the other way not used to fishing shallow water lol no bites on pellet today all on maggot or worm

davepellet

Couple of years ago the Rudd were a real nuisance on there, 2-4” fish that even attacked double corn hookbaits. They netted thousands out and put them in the great pond, and I did my bit with an hour or two on the whip, think I had over 250 fish. By prior agreement with the club I put those in the great pond too but my efforts didn’t even scratch the surface...

davepellet

Yeah flask = feeder, Ravenfield = pole
Can cope with the depth (well some areas) when I’m on the feeder...

davepellet

Sorry for delayed response Chris, so reviewed my log from last year and fished 2 pegs on burcliffe at the car park end. Pole & pellet at 9m caught bream, crucians, roach and perch (yes, on pellet). Had all my tench from the margins or at 4m. All on pellet again, nothing consistent on corn, never tried maggot

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
thanks
going to try kingfisher in morning with sweetcorn and meat on pole
keep trying pellet but yet to get a bite have got some worm I fished peg 15 in front of car park on burcliffe