Rattling

Status
Not open for further replies.

david platt

Fusilier
Hi everyone,
I have been told that if you go Carp fishing useing a Carp
rod & Float ( Waggler ) it is called Rattling, I have never heard of this method before, Have You ? and does it work.
Davidicon_smile.gif

lanc

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hi D/P not heard of that but there is a method thats used with the pole and a big float to catch carp up in the water which was nick-named the rattler, a self hooking method and got its name by the noise that was made when a fish was hooked,

teepee.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ahh the rattler float.

A large polystyrene float (like a bubble float) attatched using swivels (cause of the rattling), also used in pikeing.

The fish takes the bait & trys to dive/ swim away, the float being made of polystyrene obviously won't stay down & so the fish becomes tired quickly & there fore easier to land.

The whole concept was originally thought up by big fish hunters in the sea, it was on a much larger scale though.

A fish was either harpooned or hooked & the line would have a link in it onto which a barrel (empty) would be attatched the barrel being empty (full of air) would do the same job as the rattler float.

To be honest Dave i see it as a barbaric style of fishing & wouldn't recommend its use to anyone.

Alan

david platt

Fusilier
Teepee, Trogg,
Thanks lads for yout replys,
I am not what you would call a "CARP ANGLER"
but I do fish for them on occasions and, had
not heard the term before and, Yes it does
sound a bit barbaric to say the least.
Thanks davidicon_smile_big.gif

lanc

Status