Rats

62tucker

Site Supporter
The week before lockdown I got to use my new gun and new night vision
3 dead rats.
But gun is in lockdown up caravan and I missing it and missing killing rats.
But I am still alive and I sure the rats will still be about when I eventually get back up my caravan

62tucker

Site Supporter
Each trap now has about 6ft of strong string tied to it. Lost 2 many before. But I sure if I catch 1 by tail they would either chew the string. Or chew there own tail off.

genesis

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Oh yes had em chew there own leg off or one of there own came and had an easy snack

jimbo1946

Lidget Green. Have to have been there to understand.I am on the other side of Bradford.Near to Greengates.Local rugby club used to be alive with longtails. Now there are foxes in everyone's garden.Haven't seen a rat for ages.

HawkerMan

Site Supporter
Good book bhttps://books.google.com/books/about/The_Rats.html?id=DJN_72oR4gkC&source=kp_coverook
Good Film

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just been in back garden. Angel going daft and there was a big rat sitting next to a trap. The trap was off so not sure if it was stunned.
It’s stunned now. 6ft metal pole in its skull 👍
Been retired over 2 years and no inclination to ever work again. But maybe would think about it if it involved killing rats. 🤣

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Tasty thing your rat. There was a curry house in Blackburn back in the day who were done for using rats in their curry instead of chicken - white meat you see. They were also done for trapping seagulls & using them too. The place was called - and I kid you not - The Dildar! Next door to Burtons on King William St. I’ve also munched quite a few whilst on survival courses whilst in the forces too. Plus most animals you see dead on the road - hedgehogs, badgers, various birds & rabbits etc. Only one thing that was completely indigestible was fox - absolutely rank!!! It’s surprising what you’ll eat when you need the calories. I’m having a bit of a cow for dinner though, honest. 🤤

davylad

We stopped putting our bird feeder out, as we we started getting a few mice, but I reckon the rats would have followed. I've never seen one mind, but they won't be far away, as I have a drain bank at the back of my garden.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Tasty thing your rat. There was a curry house in Blackburn back in the day who were done for using rats in their curry instead of chicken - white meat you see. They were also done for trapping seagulls & using them too. The place was called - and I kid you not - The Dildar! Next door to Burtons on King William St. I’ve also munched quite a few whilst on survival courses whilst in the forces too. Plus most animals you see dead on the road - hedgehogs, badgers, various birds & rabbits etc. Only one thing that was completely indigestible was fox - absolutely rank!!! It’s surprising what you’ll eat when you need the calories. I’m having a bit of a cow for dinner though, honest. 🤤
I heard badger was mank. I have never seen a crow or anything eating a badger at side of road

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Rats are definitely on the increase. Did have a couple in the garden, until they were 'permanantly evicted'. The number of rats round the lakes have also increased.

2ts

Site Supporter
Get a Jack Russell,murder and mayhem are in their DNA.

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I heard badger was mank. I have never seen a crow or anything eating a badger at side of road
Nah. Badger was ok I think - long time ago mind. I still remember the fox though & it was pretty fresh 🤮

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Can’t wait! I bought a nice air rifle 3 yrs ago for a rat problem that suddenly disappeared. Not had one single rat since o_O